Home Forums Fishing Bowfishing carp splashing yet?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Has anyone been shooting carp or found any splashing? This week I would think will get them going

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have seen them in the fields flooded by the Cedar River.Not really seeing them rolling around like they are spawning.Might be a little cool for that yet.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I don’t think it will be long. Some of the ones I have been catching are bursting at the seams I doubt they will be able to hold those eggs much longer; at least in the area I’m talking about.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ve seen them in the shallows of the river flood areas. I would think it’s time to start getting after them if thats your thing.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Lots of pre spawn action going on. Males are starting to follow the females but not eggs being spit yet from what I have seen!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: wendlwacker

Lots of pre spawn action going on. Males are starting to follow the females but not eggs being spit yet from what I have seen!

will they hit bait now or is it pretty much a shooting opportunity?

Participant
    Up
    Down

I remember as a kid, I did a lot of carp fishing in the public ponds in Omaha but the late half of May was a time I dreaded. The carp stopped bitting. They were too busy making baby carp to eat…I never understood that until a little later in my life…now I completely understand. So a quick answer to your question Mr Ruff would be…they orw e off the feed bag for a while. You might still catch one, but not like usual.

Good luck…Ken

Participant
    Up
    Down

Skunk is right I have been catching them the past three weeks but there may still be a few to be had right now with the unusually cold temps. I was spearing them 5.15 last year

Participant
    Up
    Down

I snagged about a 7-8lb grass carp yesterday while I was crappie fishing, put up a pretty good battle on my ultralight. They were thrasing all over the shoreline, literally a foot away from me at times, saw some monsters! This was at Manawa.

Participant
    Up
    Down

The water is still a little cold here in Spirit Lake but it wont be long and they’ll be spawning. Did some shooting friday night.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Fished the east side of Storm Lake today and carp were splashing all over next to shore. Some were huge!

Participant
    Up
    Down

They were splashing at the Hawarden SW pit Saturday evening.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Splashing real well on Five Island in Eburg this weekend!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.