Can”t post in firefox……2013-09-23T21:32:26-05:00

Home Forums Technical Support Frequently Asked Questions Can”t post in firefox……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

but I can with chrome. this has just cropped up lately. and yes I’m logged in. thoughts? remedies?

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Quote by: boonie_rat

but I can with chrome. this has just cropped up lately. and yes I’m logged in. thoughts? remedies?

I use Firefox 23.0.1 on a Mac with no issues. What exactly is happening?

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

If one browser works and another doesn’t then it’s got to be some conflicting or missing add on. I am posting in Firefox right now as well. Version 23.0.1

Participant

Quote by: llewellinsetter

there are no new post/post reply buttons, no quote button within the posts themselves. plus now I’ve got these little annoying popup windows in the lower corners that are some how not being picked up by McAfee. I’m 99% sure it’s something my youngest picked up off of one of her kid web sites. Looks like i got some digging to do.

patrickpatrick
    Keymaster

Try resetting your cookies and cache under internet options.

Participant

Quote by: llewellinsetter

there are no new post/post reply buttons, no quote button within the posts themselves. plus now I’ve got these little annoying popup windows in the lower corners that are some how not being picked up by McAfee. I’m 99% sure it’s something my youngest picked up off of one of her kid web sites. Looks like i got some digging to do.

Blocked

I have had similar issues with Firefox in the past, most often it requires an uninstall/install to correct any malware that may have been picked up. The pop-up settings are also kind of finicky. If you have never had issues in the past, start with Patrick’s suggestion of clearing the cookies etc., it’s usually best to clear all history elements. If that doesn’t work try the uninstall/install.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pop-blocker-settings-exceptions-troubleshooting

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Well, tried all the usual stuff, erasing history, wiping cookies, running various antivirus/malware programs to no avail. So went ahead and did a reset and it seems to have fixed the missing posting/replying/quoting buttons, for now. must of been a Firefox thing. thanks all.

Blocked

Well, tried all the usual stuff, erasing history, wiping cookies, running various antivirus/malware programs to no avail. So went ahead and did a reset and it seems to have fixed the missing posting/replying/quoting buttons, for now. must of been a Firefox thing. thanks all.

Firefox is known to be finicky after time but a re-install usually solves all the issues. It’s by far my favorite browser.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!