Home Forums Hunting Mushroom Hunting Can you find the hens

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I went for a two mile walk this AM. Can you find the hens in the photo?

This was the largest at 22 inches.

It was quite a chore carried seven hens out of the woods. We had a great mushroom pizza tonight. I delivered mushrooms to friends and family.

I did pick a couple of pounds of hunters heart. They will go into a hamburger casserole.

I could of picket a truck load of the hunters heart.

FOUR hens in the first picture. three on the other side of this tree. This was the most I have found at one time on this tree in thirty years.

Participant

So are the hunters hearts good?? I see them all the time. How do you cook them??

Participant

Nice finds. I too went on the look for hens or goats beard around here. You did way better than I. Can you tell more about the hunters heart? I am not familiar with it. Other names? scientific name? description. It is hard to pick out in the picture. I googled it but results were quite varied

Participant

Alright, found a bunch of Hunters Hearts. They are everywhere. Picked a few. Whats the best way to cook them??

Participant

Quote by: River+Mallard

Alright, found a bunch of Hunters Hearts. They are everywhere. Picked a few. Whats the best way to cook them??

Sautee in butter with onions and mix in with scrambled eggs.I need to get out…sounds like everyone is finding them.

huntersafehuntersafe
    Participant

Fajitas with hunters heart Mushrooms. I am making them tonight with yesterday’s find. Sliver the mushrooms, sauté with slivered onions and bell peppers, olive oil, garlic, peeled, minced, ground cumin, and chopped fresh cilantro and served sizzling hot shredded cheese, salsa, , shredded iceberg lettuce, sour cream, and warm flour tortillas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.