Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation Can they take my guns?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

🙁

The U.N. Resolution 2117 lists 21 points dealing with firearms control, but perhaps of most interest is point number 11. Number 11: “CALLS FOR MEMBER STATES TO SUPPORT WEAPONS COLLECTION and DISARMAMENT of all UN countries”.

By a 53-46 vote – The U.S. Senate voted against the U.N. resolution. That is a close vote.

Does the constitution and the bill of rights stop this ?

Elections are coming up – this list should make the rounds every cycle until these people are thrown out.

Saw this on : http://pacificrimcoins.com/content/un-gun-control-bill

Participant

Don’t forget: We here in the U.S. have that pesky little thing known as the “2nd Amendment” and that supersedes everything. On the other hand, if you don’t belong t the NRA – join.

Participant

Quote by: huntersafe

🙁

The U.N. Resolution 2117 lists 21 points dealing with firearms control, but perhaps of most interest is point number 11. Number 11: “CALLS FOR MEMBER STATES TO SUPPORT WEAPONS COLLECTION and DISARMAMENT of all UN countries”.

By a 53-46 vote – The U.S. Senate voted against the U.N. resolution. That is a close vote.

Elections are coming up – this list should make the rounds every cycle until these people are thrown out.

The fact that 46 traitors to our freedom voted in favor of this should frighten all of us and should be headline news. Yet it wasn’t……

Strange times we live in. For Gods sake, everyone take a look at who is up for re-election.

Participant
    Participant

If anyone thinks we should be disarmed, just google the “top 25 evil people” and read the history accounts.

There is a very specific reason our Founding Fathers said the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. They knew history very well and knew what happens when people are left without means to defend themselves.

Participant

They can only take your guns if you let them. Let them pass all they want, but when it comes down to actually doing the confiscations that is another issue. I have no doubt that they will continue to try to create more draconian gun laws. Their purpose will be to make it so it is impossible to follow all the laws. Again this can only happen if we let them,

I am not worried about any UN Treaty, I think the bigger threat is from within our own borders.

Participant

No they cant Because WE WILL NOT LET THEM.
    We will Not let them!

I hope I am making myself clear on this. Some politician is not going to make a decision on this for me. I hope the rest of gun owners that call themselves Americans are on the same page.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Quote by: iceking25

I hope the rest of gun owners that call themselves Americans are on the same page.

This is the big question. When the rubber meets the road how many people are actually willing to stand up for themselves and their fellow patriots?

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Quote by: llewellinsetter

I hope the rest of gun owners that call themselves Americans are on the same page.

This is the big question. When the rubber meets the road how many people are actually willing to stand up for themselves and their fellow patriots?

Just like HideHunter said, and I agree 100%, join the NRA. I am a member and I encourage everyone that will listen to join.

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Teddy Roosevelt

Participant
    Participant

Quote by: toadmeister

Quote by: huntersafe

🙁

The fact that 46 traitors to our freedom voted in favor of this should frighten all of us and should be headline news. Yet it wasn’t……

Strange times we live in. For Gods sake, everyone take a look at who is up for re-election.

🙄 🙄 🙄 Everyone do us all a favor and research it for yourselves before trying to stir up a political debate on an outdoors site…………….or is that too hard?

CCACCA
    Participant

treaties aren’t binding on the US. our political class chooses, for their own serving interests of course, to act like they are. the UN can do whatever they please and we don’t have to comply.

it is a huge rope-a-dope.

i’ll let you in on a little secret… this tactic is used by NAGR and IGO to scare you into sending them buckets of money. it works often. it works well. i’m not suggesting we turn a blind eye to current events, but there is fundraising involved with the ‘sky is falling’ folks and you’d be wise to understand it…

here’s a link to EXACTLY what i’m talking about:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_42/569658_IGO_gets_caught_in_biggest_lie_yet___.html

"I thought I trusted the rope until it mattered to me whether it would bear me. Now it matters, and I find I didn't..." - C.S. "Jack" Lewis - A Grief Observed

Blocked

Quote by: CCA

treaties aren’t binding on the US. our political class chooses, for their own serving interests of course, to act like they are. the UN can do whatever they please and we don’t have to comply.

it is a huge rope-a-dope.

i’ll let you in on a little secret… this tactic is used by NAGR and IGO to scare you into sending them buckets of money. it works often. it works well. i’m not suggesting we turn a blind eye to current events, but there is fundraising involved with the ‘sky is falling’ folks and you’d be wise to understand it…

here’s a link to EXACTLY what i’m talking about:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_42/569658_IGO_gets_caught_in_biggest_lie_yet___.html

And yet so many feel it’s OK to give buckets of money to the NRA. I guess they have to cover those $1 Million dollar salaries somehow. While I am a supporter of the NRA, they are not the end all be all of gun rights organizations.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Blocked

Quote by: live4fall

Just like HideHunter said, and I agree 100%, join the NRA. I am a member and I encourage everyone that will listen to join.

What exactly is the NRA going to do to make sure all the sticker loving contributors actually stand up for themselves when push comes to shove? I’d bet less than 30% of actual members would stand their ground when the time comes.

Participant

What exactly is the NRA going to do to make sure all the sticker loving contributors actually stand up for themselves when push comes to shove? I’d bet less than 30% of actual members would stand their ground when the time comes.

The NRA-ILA branch is one of the many methods by which we can “stand up” against bad law ideas, from the unreasonable to the downright tyrannical. Same reason one would pay for a mechanic to repair his car; you’re paying someone to do something you don’t know how to do or can’t dedicate the time to do it. That’s one of the many things a membership goes towards. There are other ways, but they do require a large time commitment, something we don’t all have.

If you’re referring to the percentage of those who would literally attempt to pick up their guns and use them against the government, I would say that would be even lower. The very thought of that, while within the realm of possibility, is terrifying to most, including myself. That is the reason for legislative action committees taking the fight to Capitol Hill before it ever gets remotely close to that level of involvement.

“Standing your ground” for your rights also means standing by your convictions. Vote Pro-2A, contribute (time and/or money) to local and national groups fighting for your rights, take the time to educate those who are on the fence and act as a respectful member of the firearm owner’s community. I’d be willing to bet that the number of NRA members who meet those criteria is much higher than 30%.

P.S. Shouldn’t this be making its way into the Firearms Legislation forum?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.