Home Forums Miscellaneous Camping Camper

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A friend of mine is going to buy a camper to live in for a year or so, while she is looking at houses and such. Long story, anyway…….is there a place around DM where she can get hook ups for long term?????

Participant

griffsrv.com is between Ankeny and Altoona. They run like 430.00 a month of so. my folks checked in to them in past because they RV fulltime. she should also check into mobile home parks outside of city limits. my folks have found some parks will do long term space rental if you agree to 3 months or more and have lot space available at the back of the park. good luck.

Participant

Campers in Iowa in the winter suckers. Done it. Trailer park better option. Propane can be big issue. Maintenance on campers systems can be an issue in winter.

Participant

Cuttys in the grimes/Johnston area. Right by I 80/35. Don’t know much but know it’s a long term place.

Participant

Quote by: BuckFever86

Cuttys in the grimes/Johnston area. Right by I 80/35. Don�t know much but know it�s a long term place.

I am a member there. They no longer accept winter camping unless you are grandfathered. Spring to fall she could become a member and stay as long as she wants.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.