Home Forums Miscellaneous Camping Camper Awning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Has anyone here ever put a new awning on their camper?

I need a new one but would like to save some money.

Was wondering how hard it is to do yourself.

Thanks for any info.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati. (When all else fails, play dead.)

OlefartOlefart
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Not hard to do. When still in my Canvas Fabrication Business I repaired built and installed many. You will need some help removing and installing awning in its track. Couple step ladders will be needed. On newer style awnings they have PVC track strip sewn on to awning material, this strip slides into the track which is attached to camper. The ends of the awning are usually attached to the track with a screw. Removing both end screws will allow awning to slide out of track. Awning must be supported as track strip is pulled out of track. Depending on size of awning more people and ladders may be needed. When installing new awning a little silicon spray in track will make pulling new awning PVC strip through easier. If awning is power assisted, all attachments to sides of camper should be removed. If just the awning material is to be replaced the track system on the valence end is pretty much the same. Only manual or power crank out system needs to be removed from end of awning tube so strip can be slid into pocket on tube. Confused yet?

Participant
    Up
    Down

Do not know if there is one on there, but check youtube there are always do it your selfers on there for lots of things. Just type in camper awning replacement and watch a couple clipps to see which one you like best or is closest to yours.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.