Home Forums Miscellaneous Outdoor Tidbits Cabela’s/Bass Pro

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Thought this was worth seeing so put it here instead of general. I’d prefer if its true it were the other way around.

http://fishingtackleretailer.com/bass-pro-shops-to-buy-cabelas/

Mayor of Hickory Grove

iceking25
    Participant
    Up
    Down

God I hope they dont buy Cabelas. I love Cabelas leaps and bounds more than bass pro.

Will999
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Oldbear

Thought this was worth seeing so put it here instead of general. I’d prefer if its true it were the other way around.

http://fishingtackleretailer.com/bass-pro-shops-to-buy-cabelas/

I couldn’t possibly agree more! Basspro shops is on my never go back to again list. I’ve been pressured sell’ed time shares, told to just buy that one and return if it’s wrong, waited for 30-60 minutes for assistance.

If you need anything archery, go to sportsmans warehouse, it’s 100X better! The people are friendly, there’s plenty of staff and they take the time to make sure you are set up correctly. Also, Bass Pro shops charges crazy amount of money, a wooden rapala lure will cost you 11$, 2$ worth of snaps and swivels, 8$, they are just out of control with their prices.

jereseib
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Spent 6 weeks waiting for my Bass Pro Shop model spinning reel to come in from repairs. Why does it take that long? Why cant they just give me a new one? Why cant they do a simple fix in the store? So I tried taking it to a mom and pop reel repair store instead. Of courese they cant get parts for it since its an “exclusive” Bass Pro Shops model.

Also, why is everything so expensive? Ill just drive the extra 10 minutes and go to Sportsmans warehouse or Mills Fleet Farm.

Puma
    Participant
    Up
    Down

For those that don’t know this Mill’s Fleet Farm is for sale also.

http://www.startribune.com/mills-family-to-sell-fleet-farm-chain-of-megastores/331240581/

They are not selling their auto dealership stores. Don’t be suprise if Bass Pro buys Fleet Farm also.

IaCraig
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Wow, Mills and Cabelas…… This thread makes me sad… 😥

SirOliver
    Participant
    Up
    Down

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo BASSPRO SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS JUNK JUNK JUNK AND 0 Customers service .

Maverick
    Participant
    Up
    Down

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please no. I love Cabelas. They have the greatest customer service in the industry. Bass Pro is on the opposite end of the spectrum.

toadmeister
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Maverick

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please no. I love Cabelas. They have the greatest customer service in the industry. Bass Pro is on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Fully Agreed.

Nothing good can come out of BassPro buying Cabalas for the consumer

Anonymous
    Up
    Down

A buddy of mine has cabelas as an it client. He said they just built a new building to house something like 800 new employees and were preparing to buy out another major outdoors chain and it was not bps. We were thinking gander or sportsman. I don’t think there’s anyway there would ever be a bps cabelas merger or buy out. It simply doesn’t make sense. There’s always rumors surrounding both businesses so you never can tell what’s going on.

walleye warrior
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: llewellinsetter

A buddy of mine has cabelas as an it client. He said they just built a new building to house something like 800 new employees and were preparing to buy out another major outdoors chain and it was not bps. We were thinking gander or sportsman. I don’t think there’s anyway there would ever be a bps cabelas merger or buy out. It simply doesn’t make sense. There’s always rumors surrounding both businesses so you never can tell what’s going on.

I hope you are right!! I wont continue bashing bass pro,but in the last thirty years of my dealing with cabela’s,I have never had one problem with customer service,they are outstanding!!
    if it were to happen,what a sad day that will be.
    someone stated that cabela’s has cheap chinese crap,they all do,but you have to know what you are after.
    if BPS did buy cabela’s,nine tenths of my shopping would be online from there out.

really,really wish cabela’s would build a store here in Iowa.

kenhump
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: SirOliver

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo BASSPRO SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS JUNK JUNK JUNK AND 0 Customers service .

Sir, you are giving their customer service way to much credit. Last time I dealt with them I know it lowered my IQ.

toadmeister
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: walleye+warrior

LOL, I know what you mean.

Purely selfish: I live in Dubuque and am 1:15 min away from the Praire Du Chein, WI store so I’d rather they don’t’ build one in Iowa, than I would have to pay taxes on my internet purchases!

walleye warrior
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: toadmeister

Purely selfish: I live in Dubuque and am 1:15 min away from the Praire Du Chein, WI store so I’d rather they don’t’ build one in Iowa, than I would have to pay taxes on my internet purchases!

oh come on!! put on your iowa boy thinking cap for a second,go to the iowa store,pick out what you want,then order it on line!! see? simple aint it??
    the wife and I make an annual trip to the PDC store,sorry,doesnt hold a candle to the rest,but will do in a pinch in the iowa winters,and we go through backbone on the way there,interested in having coffee some mid january afternoon there???
    I GOT IT!!! AN IOWA SPORTSMAN GET TOGETHER AT PDC IN JANUARY!!! anyone on board with this???????????????
    sure would help with cabin fever,jigginitis,and other fevers I get around that time of year!! :mrgreen:

toadmeister
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I actually went to the PDC store today (had a vacation day to burn) as I had an NRA employee pricing coupon, a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket, and a good few $ of Cabelas points saved up. Bought a Summit Goliath climbing tree-stand for a song!

Went to the bargain cave and they had an extra 25% off the already-reduced price clothes rack. Got my son a bunch of great cold-weather gear as he camps in the winter with Boy Scouts. No more freezing his buns off.

I’ve been to about 10 different Cabelas stores around the US and the PDC store I don’t think would make the top 20. But it’s still Cabela’s and still a great place to shop! I always stop there on my way up to LaCrosse too as I have family up there. Kids are always like, “Daaaaaad do we have to stop at Cabelas again!”

Oh, forgot to add Cabela’s great customer service: Yesterday I called their Customer Service to see if they had that Summit Goliath in the store before I went there. I didn’t get an answering service and wait 10 minutes or get transferred, someone picked up on the second ring and was eager to help me. A real live human with actual personality. I actually gave them crap about catching me off-guard with picking up the phone so fast!

walleye warrior
    Participant
    Up
    Down

tell the kids they dont know how lucky they are!!! being an old iowa farm kid,I didnt get to darken the doorway of one until I was thirty six,and that was in kearney nebraska on a family trip to estes park col.sigh,now,I have more years behind me than I do in front of me.
    I have been to: owatonna,seven times,kearney once,kansas city seven times,PDC six times. sooooo little time,so many stores.

been to BPS,once in sprinfield,four times in des moines,add nausium.

topH20terror
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Last time I was in a Cabelas, I know I left satisfied. Last time I was in BPS in DSM, I told myself it was the last time I’d ever go there. I have never been impressed with the BPS in DSM. I like the Scheels in Coralville just fine. Fin and Feather in Iowa City has always treated me right as well. I have NO reason to travel to the DSM BPS store ever again as far as I’m concerned.

dkwolf
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: toadmeister

oh come on!! put on your iowa boy thinking cap for a second,go to the iowa store,pick out what you want,then order it on line!! see? simple aint it??
    the wife and I make an annual trip to the PDC store,sorry,doesnt hold a candle to the rest,but will do in a pinch in the iowa winters,and we go through backbone on the way there,interested in having coffee some mid january afternoon there???
    I GOT IT!!! AN IOWA SPORTSMAN GET TOGETHER AT PDC IN JANUARY!!! anyone on board with this???????????????
    sure would help with cabin fever,jigginitis,and other fevers I get around that time of year!! :mrgreen:

Doesn’t work that way. If an online retailer has a physical presence in the state, they have to collect taxes on the purchases, whether it’s in store or online.

If you go and order something from Cabelas right now, you don’t get charged tax because Cabelas does not have a physical store in Iowa. But if you order something from Bass Pro Shops, you WILL get charged tax because of the store in Altoona.

walleye warrior
    Participant
    Up
    Down

its friday night and you just had to burst my bubble didnt you dkwolf?,sigh,aint there anything sacred no more?
    just to pee in the gov.s soup bowl,I would drive out ten dollars worth of gas to save seven cents tax in another state,that may not make sense,but it makes me feel better.

Stizos
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Bought my pellet gun at Cabela’s this year. Tried out 3 different guns over a couple months that they had before I found the one I wanted. Not problems, no questions
    asked (except was there anything wrong with it and was it loaded).
    How many different Cabela’s have you been too? How many of you have shopped the old downtown store in Sydney, Nebraska?
    Me, 7 Cabela’s….. 1 BPS
    Last time I was at a BPS (Council Bluffs) I left feeling like I just lived out a live, in person telemarketing phone call. Walked out saying to myself,
    “that’s the last time that will happen”.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.