Building a shed? 2018-08-07T21:10:21+00:00

Home Forums Miscellaneous General Banter Building a shed?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m looking to get a large shed/small garage size will be 12×16…. I want a rough estimate how much it would cost for someone to build 1 . Menards has a shed kit and I got a price from someone to build it for 2,000 plus price of shed that would be almost 5,000. 2,000 labor seemed very high to me

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by alan_50501 alan_50501.

Fort dodge

orngruffee
    Participant

Ya not sure on that. I got one I think a little smaller than that from a guy that bought one on a five year pay thing then moved out of town and wanted to sell it for

what he owed. I think I paid around 3200 or so. The only thing I don’t like is the barn doors. They swell up and stick. If I had a choice, I would get a roll up. It does

have a window for light and a loft for storage which is nice. I could move it on site so that may make a difference too.

Crappie Kid2
    Participant

Call Backyard Buildings In Wapello Iowa at 319.523.2463

Large selection hard to build to beat these prices

whip2whip2
    Participant

Alan

When you say Menards has a “KIT”, does that mean it is all of the lumber & supplies to build it from scratch?? Or is everything Pre-Cut to size & all that it takes is assembly?? The difference there can equal several extra hours of Labor & know how.  Do you have a cement slab for it to sit on or is it going to sit on the ground?? If on the ground are the skids included in the “KIT” & is the ground level?

Steve

whip2

alan_50501alan_50501
    Participant

Alan When you say Menards has a “KIT”, does that mean it is all of the lumber & supplies to build it from scratch?? Or is everything Pre-Cut to size & all that it takes is assembly?? The difference there can equal several extra hours of Labor & know how. Do you have a cement slab for it to sit on or is it going to sit on the ground?? If on the ground are the skids included in the “KIT” & is the ground level? Steve

You get everything and build from scratch….its going to go in my yard right at edge of my driveway so then I can still park 2 cars in drive.. I need to house my lawn mower trailer which is 5×10….i live in a trailer court and neighbors dont like me having it….I’m paying storage for it now….

Fort dodge

whip2whip2
    Participant

Allot of Labor & Knowhow to do those. $2000.00 probably isn’t that far off.

whip2

alan_50501alan_50501
    Participant

What I’ll be getting

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by alan_50501 alan_50501.

Fort dodge

twdenney
    Participant

Sounds pretty close to me and you should feel fortunate to be able to get a bid on a job this small….said carpenter that bid it knows he can go some where else and make money anywhere if he does not get this little job.  There is work excellent paying work everywhere if you have some motivation and self control!!!!

alan_50501alan_50501
    Participant

My neighbor said he would do it for me said he would do it for 200.00 but I’ll give him 500.00…He just totally remodeled his house and was looking for something to do and said he would do it

Fort dodge

alan_50501alan_50501
    Participant

Here is what I will be getting https://iowasportsman.com/forum/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/2942422/220nzousfhvwvit6z1113oig5buqq8pf.JPG

Fort dodge

alan_50501alan_50501
    Participant

Fort dodge

twdenney
    Participant

Pretty exciting to post it twice more!

Finns
    Participant

Ever hit enter button more than once accidentally?

NaiveNative
    Participant

i spent about $1500.00 building a 5.5′ x 8.5′ shed from scratch this spring.  The unit I did was a single-door, single-window without the large garage door.  Disclaimer: this was in the mountains where 2×4 studs were about $5.00 each though.

northwoodsbucks
    Participant

2k does not seem far off for a pro to do it. Cool your neighbor will do it so cheap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.