Home Forums Miscellaneous Gardening Bugs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Speaking of bugs on another thread.What are the tiny little flying critters on my plants and shrubs? They are tiny white flying insects that when you touch the shrub,they just erupt out of it.They are on everything in the garden and even on the lilacs off the patio.

Participant

I believe those are aphids.

Participant

I kinda figured that.I’m looking at some organic mixtures involving garlic,onions and dish soap.Sounds like I mite have to buy a new blender afterwards. :mrgreen:

Participant

they are most likely white flies…if they come off in a clouds…seven or eight.. will deter them but hard to kill them all..

Participant

Sounds like whiteflies to me. Please don’t poison yourself with Sevin or anything like it. There are beneficial insects that will control them (Minute Pirate bug and Sweet Potato Whitefly predators – check Arbico Organics) or you can use Neem or JMS Stylet oil sprays.

Participant

Mix a tablespoon of oil into some soapy water and that should kill then if they are white flies or aphids. This year I used some strong peppermint tea sprayed directly on the plants to deter aphids until the parasitoid wasps came along and wiped them out for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.