Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation Buffalo Wild Wings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Common theme today but didn’t want to hijack another thread.

Just saw a pic of the front of one of there stores(not sure location). It stated they do not acknowledge or believe in the 2nd Ammendment and NO GUNS Allowed.

I will never go there again.

FWIW,

Dustin

Participant

They’ve had signage posted on the coralville Iowa store for several years stating no guns allowed. Haven’t gone back since.

Participant

So where do you get beer and wings from? do you need to carry to get them??

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

I don’t carry when I will be drinking beer. But, I agree there are plenty of businesses who do believe in the 2nd amendment where I can go. I’ve never been wowed by BDubs anyway

Participant

I loved the Waffle Houses down south that had signs that stated, “We welcome guests with permitted concealed weapons”.

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant

I’ve only been to BWW a handful of times……and I work literally YARDS from the one here in Cedar Rapids. Honestly, I can make better wings at home on my Weber Grill, and for a fraction of the cost of their overpriced food. I never like to drink when I go out to restaurants, not only is it expensive, but that means only one of us (my wife and I) can drink- the other has to be the DD. So I would rather stay home, grill a kick A** batch of wings, drink ice cold beer from my own fridge, and watch sports at an acceptable volume which facilitates conversation without shouting, haha. 😆

Participant

Quote by: CedarStorm1975

I’ve only been to BWW a handful of times……and I work literally YARDS from the one here in Cedar Rapids. Honestly, I can make better wings at home on my Weber Grill, and for a fraction of the cost of their overpriced food. I never like to drink when I go out to restaurants, not only is it expensive, but that means only one of us (my wife and I) can drink- the other has to be the DD. So I would rather stay home, grill a kick A** batch of wings, drink ice cold beer from my own fridge, and watch sports at an acceptable volume which facilitates conversation without shouting, haha. 😆

AMEN

BigDud1983BigDud1983
    Participant

Kenhump pleasure to meet you at the swapmeet this last weekend. Ur amazing in all that you know. Can’t wait to get NY whisker seeker gear.

Participant

Quote by: BigDud1983

Just saw a pic of the front of one of there stores(not sure location). It stated they do not acknowledge or believe in the 2nd Ammendment and NO GUNS Allowed.

How is this even legal, or at least, why/how are these businesses and business owners not being sued for discrimination? Any business refusing service to a firearm carrier is discriminating against the constitutional ‘right to bare arms’. AND, Businesses do not have any constitutional right to discriminate against guns, (that I’ve heard a valid argument for anyway).

It’s been proven that homosexuals can successfully sue cake bakers, on grounds of discrimination, for refusing to bake wedding cakes for them. AND, Cake bakers have the constitutional ‘right of freedom of religion’ to refuse.

Why aren’t attorneys jumping all over this? I’d think it would be a gravy train for them, as they racked up victories against these deep pocketed discriminating businesses. Just my take on it, for what it’s worth.

Participant

Quote by: BrownItsDown

How is this even legal, or at least, why/how are these businesses and business owners not being sued for discrimination? Any business refusing service to a firearm carrier is discriminating against the constitutional ‘right to bare arms’. AND, Businesses do not have any constitutional right to discriminate against guns, (that I’ve heard a valid argument for anyway).

It’s been proven that homosexuals can successfully sue cake bakers, on grounds of discrimination, for refusing to bake wedding cakes for them. AND, Cake bakers have the constitutional ‘right of freedom of religion’ to refuse.

Why aren’t attorneys jumping all over this? I’d think it would be a gravy train for them, as they racked up victories against these deep pocketed discriminating businesses. Just my take on it, for what it’s worth.

My assumption would be that we don’t “need” wings and a business owner has the right to refuse service to anyone they choose.

Participant

Quote by: mhock

My assumption would be that we don’t “need” wings and a business owner has the right to refuse service to anyone they choose.

The rub is that this doesn’t apply to cake bakers. People don’t “need” cakes, and a business owner has the right to refuse service to anyone they choose. (There are also plenty of other cake bakers and restaurants that can & will provide service.) BUT, cake bakers are sued out of business for discrimination, and nobody even attempts to go after a Buffalo Wild Wings. Huh?!

Is it because BWW displays their discrimination signs on their front doors? Would cake bakers be immune from discrimination suit if they displayed similar signs on their front doors? Rhetorical question. I know THAT would start an absolute shit storm.

Participant

The rub is that this doesn’t apply to cake bakers. People don’t “need” cakes, and a business owner has the right to refuse service to anyone they choose. (There are also plenty of other cake bakers and restaurants that can & will provide service.) BUT, cake bakers are sued out of business for discrimination, and nobody even attempts to go after a Buffalo Wild Wings. Huh?!

Is it because BWW displays their discrimination signs on their front doors? Would cake bakers be immune from discrimination suit if they displayed similar signs on their front doors? Rhetorical question. I know THAT would start an absolute shit storm.

I don’t disagree. The cake bakers lawsuit was to shame those that disagree with the LGBTQ “movement”. It’s not “popular” to fight for gun rights in our nation when lunatics are shooting our kids in schools.

Participant

I don’t disagree. The cake bakers lawsuit was to shame those that disagree with the LGBTQ “movement”. It’s not “popular” to fight for gun rights in our nation when lunatics are shooting our kids in schools.

I agree mhock. Exactly where are our cultural priorities?! SICKENING!!!

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

BrownDown – I get your intent and I am not a lawyer but my understanding is gun owners/carriers are not a protected class, where as gender, race, LGBT etc are.

My take on it is America is on a big anti-establishment kick and pro 2nd amendment, caucasian, Christians (especially male over age of 50) is the stereotypical establishment that it is popular to protest against right now.

Participant

Quote by: IaCraig

BrownDown – I get your intent and I am not a lawyer but my understanding is gun owners/carriers are not a protected class, where as gender, race, LGBT etc are.

My take on it is America is on a big anti-establishment kick and pro 2nd amendment, caucasian, Christians (especially male over age of 50) is the stereotypical establishment that it is popular to protest against right now.

Protected classes are absurd, and are completely fabricated and persisted outside of the rights provided by our Constitution, but I acknowledged that they exist. Our ‘right to bear arms’, however, is an absolute constitutional right. I hear what you’re saying IaCraig, but I think it’s completely messed up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.