Bucket list trip 2018-09-06T15:45:48+00:00

Home Forums Fishing Walleye Fishing Bucket list trip

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ok I have the boat and gear, fish all over the Dakotas and Iowa but I would really like to get on lake Erie, I don’t want to go through a guide, I just want to do my own thing. but I’ve never been there and have no idea where to start. Im looking for information and tips, due to job I take my big trips in aug. and sept. Id like to here from you guys that have been out there a few times  Thank you

twdenney
    Participant

Put in Bay…..around island…do your research…bass island…troll bandits in spring do well

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  twdenney.
    drawetsm
    Participant

Only time I’ve been on that lake is in November.  We always just trolled small spoons around the island off Put-IN-Bay.   Caught great walleye and occasional big smallmouth mixed in

wilschr3250wilschr3250
    Participant
    wilschr3250wilschr3250
    Participant
    wilschr3250wilschr3250
    Participant

Just make sure you have room in the freezer.

bwalter
    Participant

Wow that is a great mess of fishing where did you stay, and did you use your own boat?

wilschr3250wilschr3250
    Participant

We used Lake Erie fishing charters with Captain Kevin. We ended up staying at Port Clinton rentals but you could stay just about anywhere in that area. We ended up fishing out of Huron so we actually had a little bit of a ride. They radio fish a lot out there to find the hot bite. We fished ruggles reef for 2 days and had a four man limit both days. Captain Kevin also got his limit. We hit it at the end of April and fished one day in April and one in may when the limit went up to 6 fish a person. All in all we had 8 gallon freezer bags to haul home on a 2 day trip. Some passes along the reef saw up to twelve fish boated and we were off the water with limits by noon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.