Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Brainerd Ice Fishing Extravaganza

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just wondered now that the big Brainerd tourney has been postponed 2 weeks to February 6th, how many members from this site will be attending?

Participant

still going

Participant

I think I may be going as well….

Participant

We are taking our usual Iowa group of 12 but have a huge cabin on the lake rented this year by Nisswa? http://www.goodoldaysresort.com/ Also have a bunch of our guys who bought extra holes for tip-ups since the winner of the new truck last year pulled his northern out of a hole about 50 foot away from us 😉

Participant

Our group will be there, wouldn’t mind picking up a few extra hole tickets if the price was right 😉 😉

Participant
    Participant

sparkie: go to icefishing.org they have a whole site dedicated to guys selling there tickets since they changed the date. $25 seems to be a going price on a lot of them. 😉

Participant

PM sent sparkie

Participant

Just wondering how anyone did that went to the tourney. I myself caught 34 perch but all too small. 5 guys in our group did get on the leaderboard for a little while and the biggest fish caught by a member of our bunch was a 14 inch eye that weighed .73lbs. A guy about 50 yards from us did pull in a nice 5.33lb eye in 4fow that won the tourney. All in all a great time and cant wait until next year! 😉

Participant
    Participant

😯 😯 .87 LBS 😯 😯 Would have placed any other year except this one 🙁 🙁 Had a great time! Already planning next year!!

Participant

Number 132 Steve Pomrenke, Nome, AK. Do you think it’s the same one from the gold dredging show? That’s a long ways to go ice fishing. How many people participate?

Participant

Congrats sparkie…lots of fish caught this year. We were fishing in 7fow on the NE edge and that guy from Alaska came from the north, landed his ski plane on the ice just east of us, unloaded his fishing gear and walked 50 yards to the tourney site to start fishing. What an entrance! 😉

Participant

Hard to believe with this weather that we are only a few months away, let the day dreams begin

Participant

Ran to Fleet and Farm in Ankeny on the 1st and bought 15 tickets myself. A few guys canceled so we are down to 10 now staying in a cabin on the lake that sleeps 15. Gonna be a blast like always!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.