Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Brainerd 2018

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just wondering who all might be going to the Ice Fishing Extravaganza in Brainerd in 2 weeks? We are taking 3 vehicles, 2 trailers and 11 Iowa misfits up 2 weeks from today. Staying at our usual cabin on a nearby lake and fishing Thursday afternoon, all day Friday then in the tourney on Saturday. If anyone from here is going, maybe we can meet on the ice before the cannon fires? Tight lines Amigos!

Participant

What does it cost to fish the competition?

Participant

Our group will be there once again, I’d rather meet up in the weigh in line 😀 😀

Participant

Tickets are $30 until the end of November and $50 now. Text me at the event sparkie and will touch base with you my friend!

Participant
    Participant

Quote by: Stizos

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/news/4398661-brainerd-jaycees-investigates-possible-cheating-ice-fishing-contest

I saw that—seemed kinda “fishy” out of state cousins got 1st & 3rd with Northerns. Won’t change my placement any, I could mark em, just couldn’t get em to bite!

Participant

what is it with fishing and truth stretching anyways? like I always say, never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Participant

Wow, very sad. All of the guys in our group caught fish but small ones. My grandson did catch a 3/4lb perch an hour into the tourney, was at 147th with 5 minutes left, and ended at 160th. Not bad for his first trip there.

Participant

I looked up the results, does seem fishy that out-of-state father & son got 1st & 3rd in a tournament with thousands of contestants and another relative of theres placed 98th with a 1.07lb perch…..which was the only perch big enough to make the top 150 fish….

I definitely see why they would be under investigation!

Participant

That 1.07 pound perch was bigger than any perch weighed from that lake in any state lake survey. Seems very fishy. But I’ve never seen a fishing contest that wasn’t a bunch of cheating, so this makes sense.

Participant

It says they’ve fished the tourney previously and are willing to take a lie detector. May never know for certain. Could have cheated or could be e been in the hot spot on the lake. I would think getting a live fish o. There and to weigh in without being caught would be tough

Participant
    Participant

Did anybody catch any fish? How was the viillage? robie

Keep me posted if going next year. robbie

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.