Home Forums Fishing Bowfishing Bow mounted lights

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

First, is it illegal to use bow-mounted lights, such as a high powered flashlight/laser? And second, would it be worth it to get one or the other if it is legal?

Edit: I found out it is legal to use lights. So the second question still stands.
    Edit2: I mean Compound/Recurve bow. Not the bow of a boat.

Participant

Quote by: basspro23

First, is it illegal to use bow-mounted lights, such as a high powered flashlight/laser? And second, would it be worth it to get one or the other if it is legal?

Edit: I found out it is legal to use lights. So the second question still stands.

It really depends on when you plan on bowfishing day or night? I bowfish during the day so I don’t worry about lights. Also if you have bow mounted lights you more than likely need a generator to run them all night.

Participant

Quote by: BuckFever86

Quote by: basspro23

It really depends on when you plan on bowfishing day or night? I bowfish during the day so I don’t worry about lights. Also if you have bow mounted lights you more than likely need a generator to run them all night.

Well, the op mentions a laser or flashlight. I believe he is wanting to mount this to his bow, not the bow of a boat. I can’t see any reason to mount a laser to a boat, unless one is shooting torpedo’s at those carp. :mrgreen:

basspro23basspro23
    Participant

Yes, I mean like recurve or compound bow. Torpedoes, however, sound like a fun idea. :mrgreen: I just wanted to know if they are worth buying for nighttime use.

Participant

Hmm, curious to find out as well. Might look around for reviews.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.