Bow fishing boats2016-06-22T17:10:49-05:00

Home Forums Fishing Bowfishing Bow fishing boats

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone know where I could go on a guided bow fishing session near or at red rock? I would like to try out bow fishing from a boat.

Participant

I would be interested in any bowfishing guides as well. At Red Rock, or anywhere in the central Iowa area.

Participant

Try making a similar post in the actual Bowfishing Forum. I went to the BAI banquet this year and met some really awesome folks. Too bad I live so far away from 99.9999% of them. The ones I talked to were more than happy to take folks out and introduce them to the sport and get them on fish, sounded like they made a habit of giving folks a boat ride now and then, and those boys have some NICE rigs. Idk if any of them are on this site, but only one way to find out, right?

Seems like most of those guys are congregated around central IA or extreme Southeast Iowa.

basspro23basspro23
    Participant

Mod, could you move this topic to the bow fishing area please? Thanks!

Participant

going to be a bunch of us at coraville res july 9th for a fun shoot…….might try posting on facebook on any of the following pages the bowfishing association of iowa…..iowa bowfishing…..eastern iowa bowfishing or central iowa bowfishing………if ya make it down to se iowa id do what i can to get ya out on my boat…..that being said its tourney season and weekends can be real busy…..july 25th is the last bai shoot so alot of people will have more free time after that i would assume….. can also check me out at team choot’em bowfishing on fb as we post there if we are going out and have room for more on the boat……good luck and happy bowfishing its a blast

Participant

How about us guys who aren’t on Facebook? Any other place we can get details? I know BAI has a website but last time I looked I didn’t see anything s out the fun shoot in Coralville.

Participant

let me check on that and see what i can do to get something on there……

Participant

ok so here is what i know …… the fun shoot is july 9th starting at 9 am at mahaffey bridge boat ramp on coralville lake…..someone has rumored there will be frre donuts and the bai will be cunducting a short meeting before we start…..

Participant

So just a for fun tourament? I’m guessing it’s boats only?

Participant

Shallow Water Investigators runs out of the Des Moines land area. We have gone with them twice, once was at Red Rock. We had a good time on each outing. Here is a link to their website, you can also contact them on Facebook.

http://www.shallowwaterbowfishing.com/

Adam

Participant

you know i dont think it matters about boats or non boats…… we are hoping several boats show up and that since there wont be a number of shooters limit that some of the bigger boats might squeeze some extra shooters on ……..

Participant

We as of now Im going to try to make it. I’ll keep trying to dig up some further details beforehand. If nothing else I’ll get to see some neat boats.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Quote by: racefan3829

you know i dont think it matters about boats or non boats…… we are hoping several boats show up and that since there wont be a number of shooters limit that some of the bigger boats might squeeze some extra shooters on ……..

I hope you have a great turn out Jim!

basspro23basspro23
    Participant

Quote by: wabbit_hunter

Shallow Water Investigators runs out of the Des Moines land area. We have gone with them twice, once was at Red Rock. We had a good time on each outing. Here is a link to their website, you can also contact them on Facebook.

http://www.shallowwaterbowfishing.com/

Adam

Thanks for this! I might give it a go.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!