Bobcat Zone Expanding 2018-08-08T08:53:44+00:00

Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Bobcat Zone Expanding

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Went through the new regs book last night and saw the zone is expanding and bit and will include my home county! Pretty excited about being able to hunt them on my home turf now! A couple were spotted on farms I hunt very recently and we’ve had good numbers for a while, I’ll probably be doing some pretty hard scouting over the next couple months!

Only 84 more days till season starts!

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

I saw that also!

The 40 acres of corn out the window (planted early) is turning now, as are a few other fields around here.  A signal it’s getting closer!

I’ve finally gotten the 17hmr back up and running (its target scope puked…) so I’ve started getting some round down range on paper and reactive targets, knocking the rust off.  And the 223 has new upgraded glass (its old scope went to the 17) and itching to put some fur behind the cross-hairs!

ihuntducksalot72ihuntducksalot72
    Participant

Scruffy, it’s definitely feeling like fall is coming, and the news of being able to call bobcats at home has got me fired up!! We spotted a pregnant female on one of our farms we hunt during turkey season and a couple landowners on the ground I call are reporting regular sightings. We see tracks all the time in our area as well, so they are around. (First bobcat I saw was in 1999 on a farm I still call) We might not have the numbers of cats down south, but home field advantage will be nice!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.