Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Blackhawk Lake this weekend?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anybody having much luck on Black Hawk? I am looking to break in some new water this weekend maybe, and if the recreational traffic is down and the weeds aren’t too bad I was thinking of giving it a try.

Thank you in advance!

Participant

A lot of the vegetation has died out and the recreational boaters are gone for the most part. Fishing has been pretty good this year!

WidowmakerWidowmaker
    Participant

You can catch bluegills pretty much all around the lake up close to shore right now. Vegetation is pretty much a non-issue now.

Participant

Great news and thank you for the updates guys! How are the gills running size-wise? I don’t mind sorting, but just trying to get an idea of what to expect. The fishing report stated the walleyes may be starting back up again on the rock piles as well.

Thanks again!

WidowmakerWidowmaker
    Participant

The gills run around 7″, you occasionally get a big one, but that’s about standard. We went to the rock piles a couple of weeks ago to try for some walleyes, threw everything we had at them, no luck. I think it’s gonna take a little more cold weather before they get too active. Largemouth bass are big and plentiful, you can catch them pretty much anywhere, they are a blast. I’ve heard of some people getting a few crappies, but they’re kinda hit or miss.

Participant

Thanks again for the info Widow, this helps a lot. I’m still undecided whether we head N or S this weekend, but maybe we will see you on the water.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.