Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Black Friday

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Took my daughter out Friday morning with the hounds for her first hunt of the season. Tracking was pretty good and my dogs were on top of it. They found a track to run every time I turned them out.
    It was non-stop action all day. We had 5 races going throughout the day. I gave up on one because the critter managed to get out of bounds and or to a place where I didn’t have permission so I caught up the dogs as soon as I could and bid him farewell. Another critter decided to go in a tube and I caught up and told him catch you later. The other 3 were great races that ended in a catch. The hounds put on about 10-15 miles on each race with the exception of the tube coyote. He has done this before and knew where he wanted to go.
    All the pelts were pretty good. Hard to tell on one because they caught him in a drainage ditch and ended up a bit muddy. 2 males and a female.
    The cattle farmer was happy to see the dogs catch a few and said come back soon!

topH20terrortopH20terror
    Participant

Sounds like a GREAT day! :mrgreen:

I may try to get out with the caller this afternoon or tomorrow and see if I can finally get lucky.

Participant

Fantastic story, Ruger and daughter. Hope to hear more this winter.

Participant
    Participant
    scruffyscruffy
    Participant

gotta love fur on the tailgate! :mrgreen:

Participant

Quote by: scruffy

gotta love fur on the tailgate! :mrgreen:

X2 lol. Nicely done sounds like a* blast!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.