Home Forums Fishing Catfishing Bih Hollow Catfish

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am in West Liberty for the week and want to do some catfishing this Thursday. Dad and I were thinking about Big Hollow? And suggestions on where else to go? Or if anything is biting at Big Hollow?

Participant

Not sure about the cats at Big Hollow, but the the last two weeks at Geode they were biting good. We were fishing for Blue Gills and they were hitting jigs, Gulp, worms, etc. We were there Friday also, but we were bass fishing, so not sure if the cats were still hitting or not. We did catch about 40 bass with the biggest 17″.

Participant

Thanks for the tip about Geode. Just not sure where to go.

Participant

If you send me a PM I will put you on a hot bite!

Tomcat

Participant

My daughter fishes there and she does good right at the boat ramp. She uses crawlers and Sonny’s stink bait. She has caught some really nice bullheads, also.

I squirrel hunt a lot there, since I live in Burlington.

Have you tried the 4th Pumping Station at Oakville? It is good right now. Channel cats have been totally ignoring Sonnys there but have been hitting Charlies cheese/shad bait. I know a lady that caught a 12 pounder there last week, was shore fishing in the lake. I used to camp and fish there a lot. If you cross over to the river side, it’s pretty good where the tubes go into the river, especially right after the pumps quit. A pal and I are hitting the 4th lake Sunday morning.

Oh, and another thing, they stocked muskies in Big Hollow when they stocked the lake. That should be interesting when the fish get some size! 😯 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.