Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Big Sioux and Rock River

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anybody having any luck on the rivers in NW iowa? I haven’t been out in a month and then the river was too high, too fast and too muddy. Is this still the case?

Participant

The rock has definetely taken a little longer to go down again after this last surge of water/rain and is dirty dirty dirty!!…i was bowfishin today in Rock Valley and was pretty much pointless. I fished the Rivers Bend Campground pits yesterday and today and caught bout 30 13″ to 17 ” bass. Havent been able to get in the river for about a month now!!

Participant

Tried chasing cats in the Rock River at island park and had no luck last night, as did everyone else I spoke to. Water is coming down slowly and it’s fish-able now, just dirty like fishn said.

Participant

Has anyone been having any luck on the rivers in NW iowa? I went out for a bit last sunday and caught one small walleye.

Participant

I was out a couple weekends ago. The first morning I caught a couple redhorse suckers and the next night I got a carp and a pair of softshell turtles. Not exactly stellar.

We went out on the Sioux last night near Canton and caught quite a few 1-2 pound cats. We werent able to reach any of the better holes because the river is extremely low. Unless you have a mud motor I’d stay off, shined up the prop pretty good. Thank God for stainless or I’d be buying a new one.

I should add that if you do go out, the hot bait last night was Sonnys blood formula. The regular was working ok but when I switched it really picked up. They were going in spurts of 15 minutes on/30 minutes off for a few hours. Had a couple hard runs on cut up asian carp as well, but seemed if they felt the smallest bit of resistance they were dropping it. A couple weeks ago the asian carp chunks were working a lot better than fresh dead creek chubs. Good luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.