Big Creek2018-02-13T03:44:12-05:00

Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Big Creek

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Headed out to BC on Wednesday – just wondering on ice thickeness. With all the snow recently I don’t really feel like pulling my sled by myself and would much rather use an ATV.

Thanks,

Participant

I was out today. Didn’t measure ice thickness but it was for sure 12″ plus.

I’ve about had it with this lake. The fishing seems to be getting worse. Over the last 2 ice seasons I have noticed forage sized shad frozen in the ice all over the lake. That cannot be a good thing. If that type of forage base is in place what chance does my arsenal have???

I only go to Big Creek because it is close to where I live. It could dry up and I wouldn’t care.

Participant

Quote by: IAangler

I was out today. Didn’t measure ice thickness but it was for sure 12″ plus.

I’ve about had it with this lake. The fishing seems to be getting worse. Over the last 2 ice seasons I have noticed forage sized shad frozen in the ice all over the lake. That cannot be a good thing. If that type of forage base is in place what chance does my arsenal have???

I only go to Big Creek because it is close to where I live. It could dry up and I wouldn’t care.

sure would be nice if the IA DNR would take a page from the MN DNR playbook and individually manage each fishery.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!