Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m anticipating having a butcher handle my deer this year, but I am not quite sure where to go in central or southern Iowa. I’ve used Edgewood Locker in eastern Iowa and they were fantastic. I’m hoping to find a similar place closer to me. Any recommendations?

jimneyjimney
    Participant
    Up
    Down

If you are close enough, I’d highly recommend the Milo Locker.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ve yet to use them myself, but everything I have heard, Milo is hard to beat. Their prices/work/friendliness looks top of the line.

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: jnor00

I’m anticipating having a butcher handle my deer this year, but I am not quite sure where to go in central or southern Iowa. I’ve used Edgewood Locker in eastern Iowa and they were fantastic. I’m hoping to find a similar place closer to me. Any recommendations?

OHRT’S SMOKEHOUSE, Ionia, IA. One of the best in Iowa IMHO. Great deer sticks, jerky, etc.

http://www.ohrtssmokehouse.com/

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Participant
    Up
    Down

MIKES MEATS in Knoxville! I have tried several over the past few years, all with great products, but these guys are who I will always recommend. Awesome products.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Okay, you talked me into using Milo. What products do I get?

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Mr.Seaguar

Everything I’ve had from there is wonderful. I like their sticks (both mild and hot) and summer sausage (with and without cheese) and their jerky are my top favs.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I use Milo. They are always friendly. My family and friends always compliment there summer sausage and sticks.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Charlotte Locker

BigDud1983BigDud1983
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Milo is great, I use them every year, but three of the farms we hunt are in Indianola so convenience is nice. But if I were to pick my all time fave, I would say Ruzicka’s in Solon, IA. Hands down crushes Milo in my opinion. Again I am not knocking Milo they are good but not nearly as tasty as Ruzicka’s.

FWIW,

Dustin

Up
    Down

I tend to use Milo the majority of time, mostly because of convenience. I don’t find them amazing but they have good products, quality packaging, excellent service and are consistently reliable. The best locker I have used is Kramer’s in La Porte City. They only accept boned out deer during shotgun season but they may or may not take whole deer during bow season depending on how busy they are.

This year I’m going to try Dayton located in Malcom. A buddy of mine gets hogs processed there and they are really good so I figured on trying their deer this year.

http://www.kramersausage.com/

http://daytonmeatproducts.net/

Participant
    Up
    Down

X2 Dayton Meat in Malcom

jimneyjimney
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: huntingirl

Everything I’ve had from there is wonderful. I like their sticks (both mild and hot) and summer sausage (with and without cheese) and their jerky are my top favs.

Definitely like their cheddar sticks, but both mild and hot are good! They make tasty jerky and summer sausage. I didn’t love their baconator burger patties, but that’s just because I thought they are dry. Lots of folks love them and the brats.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I would recommend getting some BBQ flavored deer sticks and cheddar sausage or cheddar bologna. Delicious. I really enjoy the Milo locker. Very friendly and good service. Their 24/7 drop off cooler is super convenient too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.