Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have tried several gas grills they all never make it past two years never tried any over $225

Does anyone make one that’s worth a crap that will last that’s worth the money ?

I already own a Weber charcoal but sometimes it would be nice to have the speed of the gas

Participant

I have a Charbroil Commercial, all stainless, that I have used year round for at least 8 years. But I take good care of it. Kept in the garage and have replaced the burners twice and cooking grates once.
    Use it all winter in the garage.
    Think I paid $400, but like I said that has been about 8 years ago.

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant

Weber ALSO makes a great line of gas grills that I think are worth checking out. I have the same dilema…they only last a few years at a time. My current one is at 4 years, I cover it, clean it, etc…and it is STILL rusting out. My next gasser is going to be a Weber gas grill for sure. Like many others, I don’t have room to store a gas grill in my garage, so it’s a piece of equipment that has a stately place out on the patio/deck.

huntersafehuntersafe
    Participant

We use the Char‑broil Commercial TRU‑Infrared Grill with 2 Burners. It does not flare up when I grill chicken. I once bought a grill every three years. I am going on six years and Lowes have it at about the same price as I bought mine $249.

Participant

Best one is the one with the ribeye on it. :mrgreen: I am am going dual fuel. Weber or Charbroil.

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

I don’t know if it is the best gas grill, but I do have a 3 burner weber gas grill and like it alot. Still requires a little maintenance and cleaning, but the design makes cleaning easier and after 4-5 years the grates are not peeling and falling apart. I also have seen replacement parts at places like Mills Fleet & Farm, so I am pretty sure it will last near indefinately

Participant

I have a MHP that must be 15 years old, I know I have replaced the burners at least 6 times. Sits outside uncovered on my deck. No steel so no rust.

Participant

I have worn out a few gas grills, most just rust away.

I have went back to charcoal and a chimney style starter. Four pieces of newspaper and you are running…Eyeballing a “oklahoma” grill from Lowes, seems like a heavy gauge of steel.

I would like a Traeger, or a pellet type, but they are spendy….

Participant

I bought a Phoenix gas grill 7 years ago and really like it. Only thing I have done to it is clean the pan underneath the grate. I too was tired of buying a new grill every two years. Worth the money in my opinion and worth checking out.

Participant

ditto on Charbroil Commercial, all stainless, have had for ten years.

Taking good care of things is not my forte spend its life on deck does have cover.
    Had to replace burners twice but they are guarantee for life their customer service is great.

Participant

Quote by: CedarStorm1975

Weber ALSO makes a great line of gas grills that I think are worth checking out. I have the same dilema…they only last a few years at a time. My current one is at 4 years, I cover it, clean it, etc…and it is STILL rusting out. My next gasser is going to be a Weber gas grill for sure. Like many others, I don’t have room to store a gas grill in my garage, so it’s a piece of equipment that has a stately place out on the patio/deck.

Had my Weber for 8 years or so, still in great shape.

Participant

I have a sunbeam that is over 25 yrs old. Been married for 30 and its the only grill that I have ever owned ( except for a few small ones ). The only thing that I have replaced is the front glass. It has always lived in the garage and still going strong.

Participant

I have a Char Broil 3 in 1 roaster smoker grill that allows you to do it all. I keep it in the garage when not in use, so can’t say how one would hold up to weather. I’ve been very pleased with it.

cowboycowboy
    Participant

Quote by: huntersafe

We use the Char�broil Commercial TRU�Infrared Grill with 2 Burners. It does not flare up when I grill chicken. I once bought a grill every three years. I am going on six years and Lowes have it at about the same price as I bought mine $249.

This!!!
    Infrared is amazing.

Participant

Honestly, I got rid of my last gas grill a couple years ago and went to a Weber Kettle. Once you get dialed in, it is easy and food tastes way better on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.