Home Forums Hunting Firearms Best concealed carry handgun for woman

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Participant

^ THis, good advice. Carry the biggest gun that you can shoot accurately and carry comfortably. Fit your style around your gun

Participant

Glock G23

I actually like the following holster for the truck. website link below by Gum Creek

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/chevy-photos-26.html

Participant

And we move on. Post deleted.

Danny

Participant

Quote by: IAJack

The triggers on the Ruger LCR’s are terrible

My bare minimum range test is ten shots at ten yards on a 8″ target with a reload (5 shots / reload then 5 more) within one minute.

My reliability test is 200 rounds straight without a jamb, misfeed or issue.

Interesting…….I find the trigger on my LCR 357 to be quite nice for a DAO revolver. 😕 Now the LCPs I have shot did not have good triggers and the 2 LC9’s I have shot were just plain bad…… with one being the worst handgun trigger I have ever experienced. 🙁

Participant

I love the LCR triggers not bad at all for a DAO wheelgun. Far better than the S&W bodyguard !

Participant

Mistype / Misthought – LCP Triggers suck

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

No disagreement with the LCP trigger IaJack.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

I recall the OP wanted to know the best for the ladies which I’m interested in also. Half of those are what us men prefer which is entirely different story.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

Quote by: Oldbear

I recall the OP wanted to know the best for the ladies which I’m interested in also. Half of those are what us men prefer which is entirely different story.

There is no right answer. Its as varied as a gun for man. Everyone is different. In fact, the title of this thread is quite ridiculous, no offense. A woman doesn’t have any special considerations that a man wouldnt when it comes to the actual firearm. The only real difference Ive come to learn about woman and guns, types of carry. My wife wont change her clothing or style of dress to accommodate the gun she carries so different holsters and methods of carry are about the only thing that differentiate her from me. I always thought of “thigh” carry as a Hollywood portrayal but in reality its a legitimate method of carry for a lto of women in the summer when wearing a dress doesnt leave a lot of options for on body carry.

Participant

I have heard of guys giving their wife of GF a gun and telling them to put it in their purse. I cringe wh e I hear these stories. Heck I know of guys that purchase guns based only on a recommendation when they have never even shot the same caliber gun they purchased. As an interesting side note, most of the women who take my shooting courses end up being able to out shoot the guys.

Participant

My wife all but refuses to carry in her purse and now Im fairly certain her pile of carry gear is bigger than mine.

Participant

I didn’t notice if anyone else recommended it, but the Baretta Nano is a great little snag free option in 9mm. My wife has one and loves it. It is small enough to conceal anywhere, shoots everything we have ever fed it, and is a blast at the range (very important in my opinion as this is the only way to truly breed confidence and comfortability). The only down side that I can think of would be that the slide is a little heavy.
    good luck and be safe

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.