Home Forums Miscellaneous General Banter Best cafe’s, diners, dives across the state.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: dtdg_01

I also 2nd Big Jake on Darrell’s place in Hamlin….. they have the best ternderloins I’ve ever had, and it’s not even close. I grew up around there, now in DM, and can’t order tenderloins anywhere around here cause they don’t come anywhere near that place…. they are amazing!! now I’m getting hungry…. 🙂

That’s a hard one to top, can’t even come close at home. Loin, fries, and a cold one or two makes one heck of a meal.

Participant

Primetime in Guthrie Center

Participant

Melrose Cafe is a belly bustin place, was a great place on St. Pattys day, but I heard that i burned down lately and dont know if they are going to rebuild. 🙁

Participant

Had the OTHO LOADED POTATOES AND IT WAS NOT WORTH IT. YEAH THEY GIVE YOU ALOT, BUT MAYBE SINCE YOU CAN NOT SMOKE NOW IT”S OKAY. THE JOINT WAS REAL SMOKY AND THE HASBROWNS WERE JUST DRENCHED WITH YUCKY BUTTER. NO VOTE FOR OTHO. QUANITY DOES NOT MEAN QUALITY.!!!!! ROBERT

Participant

Quote by: charby

Quote by: dtdg_01

I also 2nd Big Jake on Darrell’s place in Hamlin….. they have the best ternderloins I’ve ever had, and it’s not even close. I grew up around there, now in DM, and can’t order tenderloins anywhere around here cause they don’t come anywhere near that place…. they are amazing!! now I’m getting hungry…. 🙂

I’ll have to road trip over there from Ames someday soon. Are they open normal restaurant hours? 11-9pm? M-Sat?

-Charby

It is open normal hours… not sure if they are open Monday’s or Sunday’s though…. I think they are even open for breakfast
    You definitely will not be disappointed!

BigDud1983BigDud1983
    Participant

I dont care for the food that much(its just okay) but the waveland cafe by roosevelt high school in Des moines, made the top 10 cafes in the country my senior year.2002. just to throw that out there. And the shrimp club sandwich from the cheesecake factory made top ten sandwiches in the country.

Dustin

Participant

I vote for the Cantine in Ottumwa. Best loose meat sandwich ever. Good malts also.

Participant

The Duck Stop in Mallard is a pretty good place to stop for a burger. Used to have a real cute girl waitressing, but that’s been 6 or 7 years ago.

Participant

bigcreekclone, River Mallard or Cricket,

Did you ever eat at Merle’s East Side Lounge? I couldn’t do it but we bought several kegs of Old Style from him.

Participant

Quote by: Stump

bigcreekclone, River Mallard or Cricket,

Did you ever eat at Merle’s East Side Lounge? I couldn’t do it but we bought several kegs of Old Style from him.

Many times! He made a great tenderloin, even if the place was a dive. When I was working, a lot of times I’d call him for my order, then pick it up at the back door.

Participant

DK Don’t go back! A lot can change in 6 0r 7 years both the food and the waitress. Just keep it in your dreams. Speaking from experience. 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Old Timer

Participant

Gunderburger still the best burger. Big John’s in Bode & Mt. Sterling tenderloins worth driving out of your way for. Woody’s in Esterville for thin crust pizza. For breakfast try behind the bowling alley in Spirit Lake

Participant

Quote by: Mr.+Pike

Gunderburger still the best burger. Big John’s in Bode & Mt. Sterling tenderloins worth driving out of your way for. Woody’s in Esterville for thin crust pizza. For breakfast try behind the bowling alley in Spirit Lake

gunder makes a mean sirloin also 😀 had 2 have a second plate for my potato 😯

Participant

Darryl’s in Hamlin, Iowa owned by a 75 year old man that gets up every morning and makes them him self. Others can claim that they have the best tenderloins, but they would be lying. They are AWESOME…………..

Participant

Best pizza both taco and supreme ah hell every kind ive got from there is tasty B) joes pizza in jesup

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.