Home Forums Miscellaneous General Banter Best cafe’s, diners, dives across the state.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Participant

AJ’s in Mt.Sterling has the best food around southeast iowa. Only problem is the city has a no lying ordinance so if you go there all fishing and hunting stories have to be the truth or the mayor will give you a ticket.

Participant

Quote by: cmward

One place that has great food all around is Chuck’s Landing on Lake Rathbun, just a great all around place… and I love that they have a Nintendo Wii there to play for free :mrgreen:

Is that the home cooking on the way to Rathbun from Albia? I dont know the name of that restaurant but good grief they have some good warm food after a cold day of whitecaps

Participant

Quote by: osyman

Quote by: cmward

One place that has great food all around is Chuck’s Landing on Lake Rathbun, just a great all around place… and I love that they have a Nintendo Wii there to play for free :mrgreen:

Is that the home cooking on the way to Rathbun from Albia? I dont know the name of that restaurant but good grief they have some good warm food after a cold day of whitecaps

Depending on the route you take there is great food about every way. If you take 34 across to the great town of Melrose, the Melrose Market has a great burger(1/2 lb). Right on the south side of Albia is Bogey’s Steak House which has fantastic prime rib. The Landing is actually on the lake though, across from Bridgeview Campgrounds. It is my favorite hangout around here, nice people, great food, and free pool and Nintendo Wii. 😉

Participant

Don’t think jonesis in Solon is open anymore, *censored*roach problem. I actually think the best breaded tenderlloin in the CR, IC, Corridor area is at Little Bohemian, located in Check-town off of 3rd street in Cedar Rapids. Big, thick, juicy and of course fried.

Participant

A couple places I can think of are….. Unckie’s in Thor and Rubes in Montour both have excellent steaks !!

Participant

Rite Spot and Pizza Palace (the best pizza in the Cedar Valley area) in Denver Iowa.

Keymaster

Mike I was hoping you would chime in with a better place in Storm Lake other than Subway. I could use a change when over there. By the way, the boss man brought in a big ole bag of the Charlie Boy meat on Monday. That didn’t make it past 12:00. Boy is that good. Sure would have been nice if he would have let us have some beer with it too. There definately wouldn’t have been any work done then.

IowaDuckHunterIowaDuckHunter
    Participant

Little Bo’s in CR is the best tenderloin in Iowa! Breaded tenderloin on an onion bun with beer batter fries and a cold one!

IowaDuckHunter

Participant

In the Iowa Great Lalkes: Right on the lakes West and East Okoboji, THE DRY DOCK or THE WHARF. Off the lakes REMINGTON’S in Spirit Lake, great menu, for mexican try MARCO’S or MRS LADYS, TWEETERS in Okoboji is also always a good bet.

Participant

I my book. Any place that can make an awsome Rueben, and Bluff Lake By the Maquoketa caves.

Participant

The Highway in Albia. They always have a bunch of specials for the day plus a great menu. You can get breakfast anytime. Great food. The very best biscuits and gravy you’ll find anywhere. Anybody going to Rathbun should really try this place. Very reasonable prices also.

Participant

two words.. TASTY TACOS

Participant

Quote by: jardan

Ok …gloves off, Joneseis in CR,Solon and Center Point has the biggest tenderloins in Iowa. The size of a dinner plate and between 1/2 and 3/4 of an inch thick. 😉 😉 😈 😈

YEPPERS and its gooooooooooooooooood I can eat a whole one with onion rings, 2 beers. :mrgreen:

Participant

Quote by: Youngeye

Don’t think jonesis in Solon is open anymore, *censored*roach problem. I actually think the best breaded tenderlloin in the CR, IC, Corridor area is at Little Bohemian, located in Check-town off of 3rd street in Cedar Rapids. Big, thick, juicy and of course fried.

Has reopened

Participant

So many choices, here are a few of my favs.

Best Patty Melt: the Embers in Avoca
    Best Banana Creme Pie: Hiway 13 Cafe in Strawberry Point.
    Best Coney Dog: The Barrel Drive-In in Clear Lake (Plus they make their own root beer, or they used to)
    Best Bar Food: Mosquito Creek Saloon in Council Bluffs (They used to have $1.00 soft tacos on Monday nights)
    Best Cheese Soup: Salix Cafe in Salix ( They put little grilled hamburgers in it)

I know I’m missing a bunch of things here but that is a start.

~Jim

PS I’ll vouch for the Melrose Market 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.