Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Beaver Lake Ice Conditions?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m hoping to take my 2 boys to Beaver Lake Friday for some blue gill hunting. I was wondering if anyone has been out to Beaver since the Christmas Day downpour to see if it is okay? I don’t want to take the boys anywhere that is sketchy. Thanks in advance!

Participant

I fished out there Monday afternoon. The edges were open in a few areas but I was able to get on just east of the pier over toward the dam. There was open water under the pier and in a couple spots along shore by the dam but once I was out just a few feet from shore there was a solid 6-7″ of ice. I caught a bunch of bluegills and crappies in 18 fow straight out from the pier. Definitely check ice every couple feet as you head out, but I found solid ice of 6″ or more everywhere I drill once I got a few feet from shore. I think the rest of the main lake was probably fine but I didn’t want to chance it by running around the whole lake. Lots of submerged timber there and ice gets bad around that in a hurry. It was open water anywhere timber was sticking through the ice, so definitely steer clear of those areas for now. Hope this helps.

Corey

Participant

Thanks for the advice Corey. It’s between Beaver and Big Creek for Friday but am leaning Beaver. Hopefully it shapes up a little better tonight and tomorrow.

Participant

I did a drive by Tuesday & there were a few shacks out. More towards the middle & appears they started at the boat ramp.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.