Home Forums Fishing Toothy Critter Fishing beautiful walleye.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well went out fishing today for some panfish caught lots of crappie. So i decided to try out for some walleye and got this big baby. To bad DNR took the fish with them :/ I am also pissed off. I went to go release the fish then there is two other guys on the rocks. Only one of the guys asked me are you releasing her and i said yeah. He said get it back i want it and i said no im sorry i don’t want to kill this beautiful fish i want to let her go and get bigger. So the fish was swimming away slowly then the guy that asked me to have it told the other guy to snag it. As i turn my back from the rocks to go on top, my buddy says why did you give the fish to them you know i wanted it. They shoved the poor walleye into a bag without water. My buddy told me that they just stuffed it in the bag which i didnt see until the DNR came. I told him no i swear i didn’t give it to them. So i told my buddy that i heard the other guy tell the other guy to snag it and we reported it. DNR came and busted the guy. I am so happy they busted him. If you know who you are i will repeat myself i am glad they busted you and i dont care. Why would you snag a fish that i released to get bigger? Do you not know any better? Can you not follow any simple rules that DNR give out? I hope you learned your lesson and pay a nice fine. That fish could have been swimming right now back in the water with the other walleyes. Not anymore though. Thanks to one idiot who doesn’t obey the rules and can’t fish properly. Such a shame. You also didn’t have to get mad at us for getting in trouble. You also admitted yourself to the DNR that you snagged it. SMH. 🙄 Well hope you learned your lesson pal. Catch them fairly and don’t snag next time!

Participant

Glad you took a stand!!! Hopefully they learned a valuable lesson but I doubt it. Cause you can’t fix stupid!!!!

Participant

Quote by: tim+ballard

Glad you took a stand!!! Hopefully they learned a valuable lesson but I doubt it. Cause you can’t fix stupid!!!!

Just don’t understand if i said no im going to RELEASE her then you should have listened lol.

Participant

My son and I caught a trout up at Fountain Springs with a treble hook in its side and about 30 foot of line attached last week. I think there are a whole lot of people in the world I don’t like very much.

Participant

Nice fish. Glad they were caught!

Participant

Quote by: IA+9249+AY

My son and I caught a trout up at Fountain Springs with a treble hook in its side and about 30 foot of line attached last week. I think there are a whole lot of people in the world I don’t like very much.

Who ya tellin 😆

Participant

Nice fish, curious how did you switch from trying to catch crappie to trying to catch walleye?

I’m pretty excited about the fall fishing this year. We finally got some water so I’m expecting a lot of 20+ inch walleyes come October + November.

I will say catching a ~20 inch walleye down there in the middle of the day is a pretty good catch.

Participant

Kudos to you .

Participant

Quote by: Will999

Nice fish, curious how did you switch from trying to catch crappie to trying to catch walleye?

I’m pretty excited about the fall fishing this year. We finally got some water so I’m expecting a lot of 20+ inch walleyes come October + November.

I will say catching a ~20 inch walleye down there in the middle of the day is a pretty good catch.

Had 2 rods with me. One ultra light with 4lb and crappie jigs and then my other rod 8lb with rattle trap for the walleye. I just wanted to test my luck for some walleye and there she came and bit my lure.

Participant

Sent you a PM Iowa Anglers

Participant

Quote by: webbgolf1

Sent you a PM Iowa Anglers

I didn’t get anythibg.

Participant

Just resent.

Participant

I have caught many fish in my day and I cant remember a fish that I have released that someone could have successfully snagged. This story doesnt make any sense to me. Either the fish was injured to a point where he couldnt swim off or we have some pro snaggers at the river.

Participant

There is a place to keep fish to eat and a place to let them go to build the fisheries for every one to have the same opportunity to catch a fish like that. I have done both. Cool you let it go!

Participant

Quote by: webbgolf1

Just resent.

Got it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.