Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting basspro shop

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

man I cant wait untill basspro shop open up.hopefully they will carry more items; then sportmans ,the past vew times ive been in there they didnt have what I wanted.
    they didnt have alote of bowhunting items.

moonfish
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Can’t agree more. I was completely happy with the warehouse but I even avoided them for a while after hearing the shelves were empty this winter just to wait and see if they would restock. They’re still empty. I guess that’s what happens when companies buy companies. I look forward to one that wants to stay in business and isn’t worried about high school sports.

waterfowler4
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: bowfisherman

man I cant wait untill basspro shop open up.hopefully they will carry more items; then sportmans ,the past vew times ive been in there they didnt have what I wanted.
    they didnt have alote of bowhunting items.

When is Bass Pro suppose to open in the Des Moines area? Just might have to make a road trip B) B)

KWAK
    Participant
    Up
    Down

They’re saying late August, by the looks of the building I’d say they are on target.

JigginFool
    Participant
    Up
    Down

everytime i go to sportsmans i get even more unhappy with them. most of the people that work there like to just sit around and talk amoungst themselves instead of helping people. im very excited and looking forward to bass pro opening soon.

Yotecallr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I was in Sportsmans Friday, pitifull. I wonder if they are on COD terms with all of there suppliers, they must be.

waterfowler4
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I believe alot of the stores closed in MN

bowfisherman
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I`ll be suprise if sportmans will close when basspro opens up.

moonfish
    Participant
    Up
    Down

They’re already acting like they are going to be closed. I’m not going to bother driving there again unless people tell me things are normal and they’ve already had a long time. Wasn’t it about Christmas time that the shelves started going bare?

[email protected]
    Up
    Down

There is a write up in their new flyer about the situation. It seems that they are trying to work through bankruptcy after a chain of misfortune; including a canadian buyer/finance deal that pretty much went south. I don’t understand all of the details but they are hoping to emerge from bankruptcy soon.

[email protected]
    Up
    Down

On another note, I believe that the attitude of American consumers has changed and that it is in great deal a part of our economic problems. What happened to the day when communities pulled together to help the local guy out as opposed to saving a dime going to a big box store. What happened to people supporting American made products as opposed to the latest cheap deal from China(the worlds toxin experts) or Taiwan (no wonder it breaks after 2 months?). I agree that some manufacturers are going for the quick buck but I see this as a problem that has infected out entire society 😯 😯 . Now we have gone to the point of putting one big box against another 😕 😕 Why, perhaps because the smaller retailer has already been forced out of business ❗ The race to the bottom, the Walmart business plan, call it what you will……….we supported it and now we pay for it 👿 👿 👿

arrrgh11
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I was in there about 2 wks ago and most of their fishing stuff had been restocked – much better than it was about 2 months ago.

bowfisherman
    Participant
    Up
    Down

they kept up on fishing items,put on hunting items.
    I`ve been in there ask about muzzy blades and still no clue.
    and sent-lock items.

arrrgh11
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: bowfisherman

they kept up on fishing items,put on hunting items.
    I`ve been in there ask about muzzy blades and still no clue.
    and sent-lock items.

They didn’t keep up on fishing items prior to fishing season – I was in there about 6 wks ago to get some fishing line. They had a total of less than 10 spools of line on the shelf and a lot of lure stocks were down. I was in there 2 wks ago and they had fully restocked the fishing line and lures.

Maybe as hunting season gets closer they will get a bit better. Who knows though…

Rooster
    Participant
    Up
    Down

My bet, Sportsman’s will not recover. They have had bare shelves for too long. I use to go there once every two weeks and thats a 1.5 hour drive. the last two times I went I was so dissapointed I’ve found alternative places to get stuff. I hope they turn it around but I realy have my doubts.

As for Bass Pro, I hope they set up a store different than their web page. I’ve never seen such a pathetic stock of hunting/shooting equipment. It’s to the point I’m almost dissapointed when I get a BP gift card.

Between the three, Cabelas has never dissapointed, though they are spendy on some of their items. Sure wish they would set up here instead of BP.

Actually I guess I’m kind of lucky in my area to have a few good “little guy” stores around that are good on prices, selection, and great on making the customer happy.

Rooster

Tony
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Rooster,

I agree mostly (particularly about Sportsman’s troubles). One point worth noting, however, is Cabelas has not opened a store in Iowa yet. Bass Pro is going to do just that this summer. Knowing that Bass Pro will be paying Iowa taxes is worth giving them a good look before heading over to Cabelas. I guess this is that whole discussion on how price and cost are two different things. Price is what the sticker says, cost is what the impact of the purchase could me.

–Tony

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I might add that this is the second store for Bass Pro in Iowa

arrrgh11
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Are there still rumors out there that Cabelas is going to build a store in either the DSM area or in Newton?

Nreising
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m usually a fan of Cabela’s too but I will say that Bass Pro Shops have some great deals on stuff. It will be great when it finally gets here.
    Nreising

Hatch
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Did you hear they are putting a bowling ally in it? My uncle got a job the and had to go to Wisconcin for training to run the alley.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.