Home Forums Fishing Catfishing Bank Poles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have only run them twice. First time we didn’t get anything the last time I only ran two because our bait jumped out the bucket and we caught one.

Thinking about running some this weekend. How will the rivers be with all the rain we go this week?

Participant
    Up
    Down

I drive over the cedar every day and it looks good. Water should be coming up and the catfish should bite. I will be out giving it a shot this weekend.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Will be out on the cedar seting bank poles too. river should be come up should be biteing . Useing sunfish and Bullheads

Participant
    Up
    Down

Just got back back from the Des Moines. We ran past maybe a dozen Bank poles and about 40% were bouncing as we went by. Of course that was in the evening, I’d expect bettert results in the a.m. We may give them a go in the next couple weeks. Only caught a couple on rod &a reel.

Participant
    Up
    Down

We set 6 poles. We only had 6 baits. The first one had a fish on by the time we headed back. Went back this morning and we had 2 more on the 5 left.

They were all small channels no flatheads. I think we need bigger bait. I am still a rookie at this. Kids love doing it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.