Baby Pheasants 2018-06-14T18:12:37+00:00

Home Forums Hunting Upland Game Baby Pheasants

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

3-5″ jasper co. not good for the baby pheasants.

SADIEHAWKINS
    Participant

9 inches cerro gordo  5 inches winnebago, hope they are sitting on eggs and not allready hatched?

WhipWhip
    Participant

Sorry to hear that hope they make it. I was planning to come back to Iowa at Christmas this year and hoped to sneak in a hunt. Here in Wyoming the weather has been good but locally we seem to have a feral cat problem. I noticed it last year and started a reduction program on my farm. Apparently it is all over the county now article in last weeks paper indicated they were finding colonies of feral cats in some areas. Good news haven’t had a mouse issue in the last 12 months but I keep finding dead pheasants.  After watching a cat kill an adult hen 4 weeks ago I have adopted a zero tolerance policy on my farm.  My wife is still not totally on board unfortunately.

Whip

SADIEHAWKINS
    Participant

Seen a rooster a hen and a couple chicks yesterday morn and a hen and 3 chicks in the evning. They can fly real good.

CRIA1576
    Participant

I live in southern Carroll County, and there are a couple different hatches being observed.  Some of the chicks are quail-partridge sized and others are very small.  Broods are ranging from just a couple chicks to more than a dozen.  We have not had the mammoth rains in this area that central and north central parts of the state have experienced.

drawetsm
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.