Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds Artifact person in NW IA.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Found what I believe to be a big scraper. Crude, but one edge definitely worked. Want to show it to someone for second opinion. I’m in Okoboji area. Plus pm or text me.

Participant

Did you find someone to look at it for you? I’d be glad to give my opinion. I’ve done a bit of arrowhead hunting over that way. Not saying my opinion will be right though. Ha!

Participant

Quote by: kurtyg

Did you find someone to look at it for you? I’d be glad to give my opinion. I’ve done a bit of arrowhead hunting over that way. Not saying my opinion will be right though. Ha!

Took it to Cherokee museum and lady thinks unusual heat spall
    from a rock around a camp fire. Someone else said looked like it might have been a spall someone took advantage of and just improved upon. Thanks for inquiring.

Participant

I do believe you would qualify as an “Artifact” Ken :mrgreen: How is life up north?

Participant

If you’d like a third opinion you could send me the pictures also. I always like seeing artifacts or possible artifacts. Ha! PM me if you want. I’ll give you my email. I’m not an expert just an FYI. I just enjoy the subject matter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.