Home Forums Miscellaneous General Banter are you SEROIUS!!! LOVE IT OR LEAVE!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Up
    Down
    ::

Quote by: Rocky46

No comment, never wanted to punch someone so hard in my life…

Like! 😀

tla100
    Participant
    Up
    Down

When I read he is a professor at the University of Iowa, I knew where this was going.

I did not know we were in such shambles. Thanks for pointing it out to er unejukaded ferm folqus.

ROCKSOLID
    Participant
    Up
    Down

haha! :mrgreen:

uplandtrekker
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Meh, just another liberal in Johnson county…..the liberal capital of Iowa. I’m not opposed to letting them secede and become their own state, but it has as much chance as the bill proposed by two Illinois senators that want to make Chicago its own state.

The only people that will listen to this d-bag are the other out of state liberals that say, “Iowa, isn’t that where they grow potatoes?” 😉

dkwolf
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Sad that the man spent 20 years living in Iowa, and never stopped looking down his elitist nose at everyone long enough to REALLY see Iowans. Don’t let the door hit ya on your way out, bud.

PaulB
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Seemed to be fairly written, for a screaming liberal. There is some truth to what he says. Interesting analysis

Somebody from San Francisco who lives in the most democratic town in Iowa.

Probably not to popular though.

7 MM
    Participant
    huntingirl
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Nice…just nice…like someone else said don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

graybeard
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I can’t disagree with a lot of what he says. But I like it that way. If he don’t, get the ____ out or don’t complain. Just my opinion.
    Didn’t hear him complain once about the fat salary he’s getting here, though.

graybeard
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ooops Double post Had me too stirred up I guess 😀

1luckyguy
    Participant
    Up
    Down

“Iowa’s river town’s are the scuzziest he’s ever seen?” Apparently the guy has never gotten out of his Lexus and walked around some of our river towns. I can’t speak for all of them, but Lansing, Marquette/McGregor, and Guttenberg are not scuzzy towns…..and the river is not littered with garbage and beer cans like he states. I bet the guy has never been on a boat on the river.

Maybe his article will keep more liberal elitists from moving to our fine state….for that we thank you.

toadmeister
    Participant
    Up
    Down

“Hunting accidents are common, perhaps spurred by the elixir of alcohol, which seems to be the drink of choice whenever a man suits up in camo or orange overalls. ”

WTF? 😡

dartsportsteve
    Participant
    Up
    Down

While the idiosyncracies portrayed in the article may be true to a point, the way they are presented (in a demeaning manner) tells me the author never wanted to live in Iowa or become part of the culture. After 20 years of living in Iowa City, he is still an outsider by choice. He portrays Iowans as unaccepting of others but at the same time is much less accepting of people’s beliefs and lifestyle than the Iowans he writes about.

Professors like this are not doing any good by teaching our youth. -1 for the U of I.

Heinrix_54
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The funny thing is, everything he detests about Iowa are the things I love about it 😉

I’m guessing he’s not a very popular fella…

Lonestar
    Participant
    rkrause
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Your tax dollars hard at work…

Forgran
    Participant
    iccy
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Over $100,000 / year of our tax dollars hard at work…..

Maverick
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The sun will shine brighter when that douche no longer resides in the great state of Iowa.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.