Home Forums Hunting Archery Are EBay Rage broadheads knockoffs?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone ever seen the deal on Rage broadheads (and muzzy) on EBay for 5 three packs that sell for an average of $40? I think the seller is “archeryfool”. Just wondering are these the real thing? The part that makes me question it is the packages have what looks like the real logo on them. If not, how can you tell the difference?

Participant

They are definitely fake. They say you can tell because the logo should be a sticker not just printed on cardboard, although you’d have to buy them to verify that. If they’re selling dirt cheap on ebay, it’s a safe bet they’re fake. There are a lot of companies fighting this, not just Rage.

Participant

Quote by: DGorman

They are definitely fake. They say you can tell because the logo should be a sticker not just printed on cardboard, although you’d have to buy them to verify that. If they’re selling dirt cheap on ebay, it’s a safe bet they’re fake. There are a lot of companies fighting this, not just Rage.

Good to know, thankyou sir. Amazing to me they can get away with such brazen imitations. I kinda want to buy them just to see the quality but probably won’t waste the money.

Participant

There are several YouTube videos comparing “fakes” to the “authentic” archerytalk.com has several threads on this topic too. If I was going to shoot mechanicals I wouldn’t be afraid of the $2 knockoffs. At that price they would be a one and done product. From what I have read they all are made in the same place in china.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Quote by: oxymoron

There are several YouTube videos comparing “fakes” to the “authentic” archerytalk.com has several threads on this topic too. If I was going to shoot mechanicals I wouldn’t be afraid of the $2 knockoffs. At that price they would be a one and done product. From what I have read they all are made in the same place in china.

This

WidowmakerWidowmaker
    Participant

I know a guy that shot them this year. They performed flawlessly. Held it up next to my genuine Rage, no one could tell a difference.

Participant

I have tied these heads and would recommend staying far away from them. The threads are much shorter than authentic Rage and only screwed into my arrow about 1 turn or less. I shot one doe with the heads and it snapped right where the head meets the arrow. It was a 20 yard double lung shot that didn’t pass through because there was no broadhead left on the arrow. I still keep one in my quiver just in case a yote walks by but I would not shoot another one at a deer.

Blocked

This is the same as someone saying WALMART(or any other deals with any retailer on any product) guns and ammo are different than others. This is just people who overpaid trying to justify there ignorance.

Participant

No, the guy is asking if the broadheads are knock offs or not. It has nothing to do with showing off money or if a store brand is as good as a name brand, denny. It’s like buying a pair of Chinese fake Oakley sunglasses for a tenth of what the real ones cost. Will they work? Yes. Will they hold up and be as high of quality? No. As far as I’m concerned the only ignorance is judging people for what they prefer to buy.

Participant

Quote by: twdenney

This is the same as someone saying WALMART(or any other deals with any retailer on any product) guns and ammo are different than others. This is just people who overpaid trying to justify there ignorance.

I’m pretty sure you have read the question wrong.

Participant

They aren’t the real rage but they are just as good. There are a lot of good reviews on them.

Participant

Some of the best shopping nowadays is on Amazon.com. I purchased some Rage Hypodermic broadheads through Amazon.com for a pretty good price. As far as I can tell it is the genuine article and not a knock-off. You can usually get free shipping as well. Compare $33.74 on Amazon.com with in-store prices of around $46.99.

https://www.amazon.com/Rage-Hypodermic-Standard-Broadhead-100-Grain/dp/B00AU6DEB6/

Participant

I bought some just for the hell of it.

They rattle more than the real ones which I use. They shoot dead on with field tips and other rage. I haven’t shot one through a deer yet but I would like to for the hell of it.

Participant

Curiosity got the best of me and so I ordered a pack. Seems people’s opinions of them are about 50/50 split. I’ll compare them to a real Rage and see how bad/good they really are. I’m not expecting much, but I’m not out much. I’ll put one in my quiver as my ‘yote/squirrel arrow but for deer I will probably stick to my carbon G5s for now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.