Home Forums Hunting Archery Archery Shop Breakin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I hope it is ok to post this! Everyone keep thier eyes and ears open.
    WATERLOO – Area bow hunters have their sights set on a thief who stole more than $14,260 worth of archery equipment.

A burglar stole 19 new 2010 bows worth nearly $14,000 from Mike’s Archery, 1904 Falls Ave., sometime late Monday or early Tuesday.

“They knew what they were looking for,” said Michael Hertges, owner of Mike’s Archery. “They just took the bows, that’s all they were looking for.”

A customer’s bow, worth about $1,100, also was stolen, Hertges said.

According to police reports, the burglar broke out a window in the door to the business, which is adjacent to Hertges’ home. By entering through the window, the burglar didn’t set off the alarm to the business, Hertges said.

Shortly after the break-in, Hertges sent word out to the Iowa Bowhunters Association, which sent the news to its members and posted a notice on its Web site. Hertges said he has heard from bow hunters from around Iowa and as far away as Missouri offering to help locate the stolen merchandise.
    Anyone with information on the theft can call the Waterloo Police Department at 291-2515 or Mike’s Archery at 233-7443.

Del

Participant

How about Craig’s List, ebay and Gunbroker along with a few other online sources?

Participant

What brand of bows are they? Serial numbers on file with shop?

Bob

Participant

Quote by: Rafsobbob

What brand of bows are they? Serial numbers on file with shop?

Bob

You know I was thinking the same thing. It would be very helpful if there were some discriptions of the bows that were stolen.

Participant

PLEASE READ & KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN Mike’s Archery in Waterloo was broken into last night. Thieves got 19 or 20 bows. Mike has always been a strong supporter of the IBA Included were: ’10 Fred Bear- not sure of models ’10 Bowtechs Destroyer 340’s – Admirals Please watch Ebay, Craig’s List or any ads. Mike…’s Archery ph # 319-233-7443

Participant

Will keep my ear to the ground for a cheap new bow. He’s bowtech right?

Some dandies playin with fire in this town.

Participant

Hope they catch the the guy I’ll keep my eyes open.

Participant

If I remember correctly, he has Bowtech, and Ross. I hope they catch them, and hang them up by their toe nails, to be dipstick whipped by arrows.

larry

Participant

😯 Just found out about this today ! 😳

Participant

this is what the IBA says on their site:

PLEASE READ & KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN

Mike’s Archery in Waterloo was broken into on Feb 15. Thieves took 19 or 20 bows.

Included were:
    ’10 Fred Bear- not sure of models
    ’10 Bowtechs Destroyer 340’s – Admirals

Please watch Ebay, Craig’s List or any ads.
    Mike’s Archery, phone: 319-233-7443

Participant

just read this, and makes me pissed 😡 to hear about idiots like this. Sounds like they had been in the store and planned out and what to take.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

Heard this on the radio this AM then checked the paper. Mod’s if this violates something with copy write please advise.

http://www.timesrepublican.com/page/content.detail/id/523291.html?nav=5005

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

That is promising. Hopefully they will be able to recover all of them.

Participant

Man ! I do hope they can get everything back! Punishment for the crooks! Give them a $5 fine, THEN! Turn them over to the shop manager and us bowhunters! :mrgreen:

Participant

Hopefully, they will be able to charge them with breaking and entering, theft of a certain value and perhaps connect them with other theft. It is doubtful that a theft of that magnitude would be their first. Although it doesn’t sound like they had time to sell any goods, i think it is just as important that people who were to buy this stuff at bargain basement pricing get the word they are being watched. As far as I’m concerned the people who buy this stuff are just as guilty as the thieves!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.