Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Anyone seen this before

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ok, here’s the deal. The last 2 bucks my sons and I have harvested have had the lungs attached to inside of rib cage. By attached, I mean we have to cut all the way out. I’ve never seen that before. Whitish/yellow colored membrane attaching to the cage walls. What gives?? I’ll post a picture tomorrow. Anyone else seeing this?? There are no visible wounds, like they have been shot previously. Both deer are about 4-5 yrs old. Older age, sick, Diseases????

Participant

Yes it is a form of pneumonia. Its not uncommon, and as far as i know they are fine to eat. My last doe had this too.

Participant

Kinda what I was thinking, as shotgun is just over and they have had the hell ran out of them around here.

Participant

Yes it is pneumonia. As long as the rest of the meat looks & smells OK I would use it.

Shot a buck that had been shot with a front leg broke 1 1/2 hours earlier and he smelled not good. What does everyone else do with something like this?? I can probably use meat thru Jerky, but not sure about anything else.

Thanks,
    Heuy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.