Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Anyone interested??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well this isnt how i planned on life going, but dont have much choice. My name is Jamie Lewis, i recently was diagnosed with liver cancer they are giving me 18 months. So heres why im here. I have a couple red bones male is 5. Name is Kit, he’s not perfect but is a pleasure hunter. If anyone knows of a young kid who wants to get into running coon dogs i just want to find a good home for him. He is heavy in the T-Top line out of Wisconsin. If interested email at @aol.com">ducktug@aol.com. 2nd is female 1.5yrs daughter of my male. Never been on coon. She too is heavy T-Top lines. Again really dont want to get rid of but for my wifes sake i have to try. Both dogs are free to good hone. Thanks Jamie

Participant

Im so sorry about that man.

Participant

I’m praying for you.

I’m sure the dogs will get a good home.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

Bless you for your offer Jamie.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

Sucks man. Condolences.

Participant

Praying for you and your family. Hope the dogs get a nice home.

Participant

Hopefully someone will take those dogs in and run them. I will be thinking of ya…

Participant

Jamie, I am truely sorry to hear this. please please dont let the doctors tell you when your expiration date is. Fight this. Do whatever you can or whatever it takes to fight it. In the end if it wins you know you went to battle and never gave in to it. I will keep you and your family in our prayers and hope truely you have a miracle, they happen. Believe… Thank you for thinking about getting your dogs to a loving home, that tells me all i need to know about you. Thinking of your dogs and wife first in such a trying time. I wish i could take them myself but with two dogs already my wife would not have it. Best of luck. V/r Dana Mc.

Participant

Quote by: drmac22

Jamie, I am truely sorry to hear this. please please dont let the doctors tell you when your expiration date is. Fight this. Do whatever you can or whatever it takes to fight it. In the end if it wins you know you went to battle and never gave in to it. I will keep you and your family in our prayers and hope truely you have a miracle, they happen. Believe… Thank you for thinking about getting your dogs to a loving home, that tells me all i need to know about you. Thinking of your dogs and wife first in such a trying time. I wish i could take them myself but with two dogs already my wife would not have it. Best of luck. V/r Dana Mc.

X2
    I second that. In 1997 I was told my cancer in both lungs was incurable. Chemo had not worked. I opted to enter a phase 2 clinical study. I went in to the trial with the knowledge that there was a significant chance on mortality, residential issues and predisposition for other cancer. Yes I have had 2 cancers since, but I am cancer free now. Best Ken.

Participant

Quote by: drmac22

So true. I work with a guy that was diagnosed with stage 4 colorectal cancer this summer. He already had a couple spots on his lungs and in his lymph nodes and his first doctor said there was nothing they could do for him other than extend his life slightly. He tried a different doctor who was more upbeat and they started an aggressive treatment to shrink the tumor so surgery was an option. He just went for a checkup last week to see how things were going and his cancer is gone. He has to take a maintenance level of chemo treatments for the rest of his life but the doctors are pretty positive about his long term survival.

Participant

So many options and opinions now on treatments. It’s great. My dad found out he had lung cancer this past May, he had both chemo and radiation from June through Oct. He had small cell cancer but the Docs at Mary Greeley were always positive about what they could do for him. Shrunk his tumor down from about the size of a quart of oil to nothing. Only has scarring in his lung now. They followed up with 2 rounds of brain radiation as a preventative measure. They are telling him he looks cancer free. Great news. Just wish the stubborn SOB would quit smoking now. Some people never learn. 😡 Hope someday he sees his way out of that stupid additction as well.

Good luck to anyone going through this crap!

Participant

Sorry to hear that, Jamie. Hope you find a new home for your dogs. Praying for you.
    Mike

jimneyjimney
    Participant

Pulling for you and your family! Fight the good fight, and we’d love to see you come out the other end cancer free.

Participant

Wishing you the best. Stay after them on treatments. I lost my best friend 2 yrs ago after they told him he was “cancer free” and stopped treatments. 6 mos later they found it throughout. As said before, don’t let the Dr’s dictate how you live.

Where are you located? I know a couple guys who may be interested in taking care of the dogs. They’d be well taken care of with either 1.

3.5 tens3.5 tens
    Participant

passed on this info to many other sources………God be with you sir

"I have always had a soft spot in my heart for marshes. They challenge me to come and look. Their capacity for mothering wild life is far greater than the drier uplands, no matter how beautiful they may be. It seems to me that no man is closer to the beginning of things and the eternal motherhood of the outdoors than when he is familiar with a marsh."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.