Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Anyone catching bigger than the usual 12inch eyes at BC?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Went down to Big Creek to fish yesterday, ended up pulling out 5 walleyes and some decent bass! I would say only 1 was a keeper size though, I went there looking for crappie and didn’t catch a single one! Has anyone got into any keeper eyes or crappie there lately? Fishing there is such a shame, compared to how it used to be! I have not caught a nice eye out of there since the kill off! Every year I hope that they can start getting up to size again but as always, get disappointed! According to the guy at Polk City bait and tackle, they are getting bigger, but I have yet to see evidence of this, hopefully you guys or myself can prove me wrong!

Participant

The walleye bite isn’t the best, but the crappie bite has been good to me all year. Just gotta put it in the time.

Participant

Well if it gives you any hope I have caught keepers every time out there this year. Nothing big. Most were in the 17-19 inch range. They have all come from the same area too.

Participant

you just gotta find them I guess!!! I’ve only hit it a couple times this past couple weeks, going there again tonight and im hopin to get into some!!! I’d love to catch a couple 16-19”!

Participant

if you don’t mind me asking, what are you using for bait? The eyes I have caught there has mostly all came on a slip bobber and minnow while trying to target crappie. Picked up the rest of them on my favorite eye rig, the floating jig head with a split shot about 2 ft up from it

Participant

Quote by: skunkriversmally

if you don’t mind me asking, what are you using for bait? The eyes I have caught there has mostly all came on a slip bobber and minnow while trying to target crappie. Picked up the rest of them on my favorite eye rig, the floating jig head with a split shot about 2 ft up from it

Sorry my PC is acting up.

Participant

Quote by: skunkriversmally

I usually catch all the keepers on cranks or leeches. Depth and color are the real keys to success for me.

Participant

Caught two 20.5 inchers in early june and got some crappie in the last month or so but other than that the year has been average for Big Creek B) Have caught some really nice sized perch as well

Participant

I went out Friday evening for a few hours and caught one 21.5″ as well as a number of sub 15’s. Nice to catch a keeper and she was great to eat!

Participant

Was up there yesterday and caught four 14″-14.5″ eyes in addition to bunch of crappie that all were 12″ or better. Using minnows and jigs for the most part but did get one of the crappies trolling a jointed #5.
    First time out I didn’t get the elusive sheephead.

basspro23basspro23
    Participant

I must ask the question… Boat or no boat? That is all I want to know.

Participant

I was in a boat basspro. The spot I was fishing is not accessible from shore.

Participant

I was out Sunday from noon to 4:30pm and caught lots of eyes. Only two keeps but didn’t keep them. The common denominator for getting on fish was rocks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.