Home Forums Miscellaneous The Battlefront any info on rock quarry pond just north of Cascade?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

Quote by: mbchilton

Quote by: stick500

oh, and both ponds are owned by that construction company and officially they really don’t want anyone in there (insurance/lawsuits) but again no signs that I could see

It takes a special person to knowingly trespass and then go on a public forum to brag about it. I hope you’re just a kid that doesn’t know any better.

There are a lot of adults that don’t know better as well.

Most adults know better, they just don’t care.

stick500stick500
    Participant

sorry about that guys- lesson learned about talking about trespassing here

however it’s not like I’m walking into someone’s privately stocked lake- these are just industrial sandpits with a couple puny fish!

just was letting you guys know there’s nothing in there to end the discussion I started

and a on a political note, some states have tried to enact laws to lessen the possible liabilities of landowners who let people recreate on their land in effort to end the tired old “we’re afraid of getting sued” excuse to keep sportsman off their land

that would be an important improvement in a state like Iowa with so little public land

Participant

This won’t be a popular opinion with the Boy Scout Brigade on here, but

I judge someone way less harshly who just takes a peek on the ground of some nameless faceless corporation, pokes around, and leaves, as opposed to someone who knowingly hops the fence of their neighbor to try and take (or successfully take) some sort of fish or game.

I know, in the perfect Davey and Goliath/Veggie Tales world some of you think we should live in, there should be no trespassing whatsoever for any reason at any time, by anybody. But seriously, while I don’t condone it I really don’t see the grave harm here that some do. I agree you could argue “it makes sportsmen look bad” but sounds like he wasn’t really fishing or hunting, just a dude out poking around so if it got published in some small town paper, it wouldn’t tarnish the image of sportsmen.

I guess I just don’t think stick500 is the scumbag some of you do.

Again:

I do not condone trespassing of any kind

Figured I’d throw it out there before someone accuses me of being pro-trespassing. Wouldn’t put it past some on this site.

Participant

My opinion is based on how I would feel if some stranger just came walking onto my property and poking around. I wouldn’t feel comfortable and would wonder why they think they can just make themselves welcome. I also will give people the benefit of the doubt that they just don’t realize they’re on private property and would politely make them aware that they are in fact trespassing. This is why I try to be cautious about going on property that isn’t clearly marked as public. That’s just me though.

Participant

Quote by: speng5

I judge someone way less harshly who just takes a peek on the ground of some nameless faceless corporation, pokes around, and leaves, as opposed to someone who knowingly hops the fence of their neighbor to try and take (or successfully take) some sort of fish or game.

I know, in the perfect Davey and Goliath/Veggie Tales world some of you think we should live in, there should be no trespassing whatsoever for any reason at any time, by anybody. But seriously, while I don’t condone it I really don’t see the grave harm here that some do. I agree you could argue “it makes sportsmen look bad” but sounds like he wasn’t really fishing or hunting, just a dude out poking around so if it got published in some small town paper, it wouldn’t tarnish the image of sportsmen.

Again:

Figured I’d throw it out there before someone accuses me of being pro-trespassing. Wouldn’t put it past some on this site.

So you don’t agree with trespassing, but you are okay with trespassing? Trespassing is trespassing, whether it is owned some faceless corporation, your jackwagon neighbor, or your best friend. If you don’t have permission to be there, stay out. This is not a hard concept.

Walking around looking for signs is absurd. By stating that, you are stating you realize what you are doing is wrong… you are just trying to justify it for yourself. I don’t know how you can’t know better. Either sack up and ask for permission, or stay the heck out.

This is mind boggling to me that someone would think this is okay.

Participant

Quote by: mr89ia

Again:

So you don’t agree with trespassing, but you are okay with trespassing? Trespassing is trespassing, whether it is owned some faceless corporation, your jackwagon neighbor, or your best friend. If you don’t have permission to be there, stay out. This is not a hard concept.

Walking around looking for signs is absurd. By stating that, you are stating you realize what you are doing is wrong… you are just trying to justify it for yourself. I don’t know how you can’t know better. Either sack up and ask for permission, or stay the heck out.

Just as I thought, somehow someone missed the bolded text. No im not okay with trespassing you idiot, read my post. I said flat I i do not condone it for any reason. Never did I say the OP was in the right. I sure get tired of those on here who cant read.

I said while I dont agree with the OP, id judge him much more hashly had he trespassed a private citizens farm, yard etc., especially if they shot game, caught a fish, picked a morel etc. Someone who goes with malice to the property of another with the intent to reap the rewards of the rightful owners natural resources is a pretty big scumbag IMO. A lot worse than someone poking around quickly on a corporate tract and leaving.

Its like speeding. Im sure most of us would call a guy who went 100mph through a school zone a reckless inconsiderate idiot who deserves jail time. I bet most of us have gotten some 5-10 mph over tickets. Are we all a bunch of reckless inconsiderate idiots?? Cuz by your logic, speeding is speeding right? Youve broken the law of the land. Im of the thought that the driver with the 7mph over ticket maybe just needs to use his head a little more, and may not in fact be a reckless idiot.

Participant

For the love of God, let it go people!

Participant

Again:

Just as I thought, somehow someone missed the bolded text. No im not okay with trespassing you idiot, read my post. I said flat I i do not condone it for any reason. Never did I say the OP was in the right. I sure get tired of those on here who cant read.

I said while I dont agree with the OP, id judge him much more hashly had he trespassed a private citizens farm, yard etc., especially if they shot game, caught a fish, picked a morel etc. Someone who goes with malice to the property of another with the intent to reap the rewards of the rightful owners natural resources is a pretty big scumbag IMO. A lot worse than someone poking around quickly on a corporate tract and leaving.

Its like speeding. Im sure most of us would call a guy who went 100mph through a school zone a reckless inconsiderate idiot who deserves jail time. I bet most of us have gotten some 5-10 mph over tickets. Are we all a bunch of reckless inconsiderate idiots?? Cuz by your logic, speeding is speeding right? Youve broken the law of the land. Im of the thought that the driver with the 7mph over ticket maybe just needs to use his head a little more, and may not in fact be a reckless idiot.

C’mon, speng… you’re smarter than that. Don’t tell usyou seriously equate tresspassing and speeding. The guy coulda fell in and drowned or got hurt some other way. Not cool an he stated he very well new the company did not want people in there without permission but went in anyway. I don’t think anyone called him a scumbag, but let’s all be grown ups here and state the truth, tresspassing is a scumbag thing to do. He asked about the property in January and was given a warning that the company that owns it, at the very least would prefer being asked permission. I believe someone stated it was for employee use or something. Anyway, he wa given a heads up he should at least be cautious and the states they didn’t want trespassers AFTER he oblidged himself to their property? Again, You are smarter than that. Not trying to rag on you, but it shouldn’t be defended. The “ask for forgiveness rather than permission” attutude hurts ALL access oppurtunities everywhere.
    B)

Participant

I agree with MR89, I am like WOW. You researched and got aerial pictures then asked around and found out who the owners were and that fishing was not allow. Despite all of the information after 4 moths you go out and case the place out. Oh I looked for signs, oh I threw a few lures here and there. No big deal there were no signs, no big deal there were no big fish. OMG what would have happen if you caught something decent there. Better yet what would have happen if you fell in a abandon well and had to explain you were just checking for no trespassing signs. There is no respect these days for other peoples property. I am sorry there is no excuse for this I don’t care how you cut it. It would be like everyone on this site decided to come case out your home. Give us 4 months to get aerial photos and let us talk to the neighbors. No big deal we were just poking around and if we got hurt on your property be prepared to get sued, GEEZ.

Participant

Quote by: mhock

C’mon, speng… you’re smarter than that. Don’t tell usyou seriously equate tresspassing and speeding. The guy coulda fell in and drowned or got hurt some other way. Not cool an he stated he very well new the company did not want people in there without permission but went in anyway. I don’t think anyone called him a scumbag, but let’s all be grown ups here and state the truth, tresspassing is a scumbag thing to do. He asked about the property in January and was given a warning that the company that owns it, at the very least would prefer being asked permission. I believe someone stated it was for employee use or something. Anyway, he wa given a heads up he should at least be cautious and the states they didn’t want trespassers AFTER he oblidged himself to their property? Again, You are smarter than that. Not trying to rag on you, but it shouldn’t be defended. The “ask for forgiveness rather than permission” attutude hurts ALL access oppurtunities everywhere.
    B)

I’m not saying the 2 offenses are an “apples to apples” comparison, because I agree they (and their potential outcomes) are not the same. I was more trying to point out the black and white type thinking of “all levels of offense are the same”. I’m not arguing he should get less punishment in a legal setting either because the violation is the same, I’m more arguing that he’s not especially an idiot or malicious, just maybe wasn’t thinking and shouldn’t do it next time. Not defending it, as I’ve stated plenty of times I don’t condone this act or any trespassing. Just the black and white thinking can get kind of old. The line between “whats a big deal” and “what’s not a big deal” around here gets pretty blurred, if nonexistent here at times.

Participant

It’s one thing to knowingly trespass, but to then talk about it on a website the DNR monitors is not very smart.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

I see idiot mentioned a couple times. That’s not nice, its only a forum.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

Sorta makes a person wonder how often these type of aerial maps are used for this purpose ie the best way to go in without notice or checking escape routes for game… or a human….

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.