Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation Anti-gun Democrats Introduce Clinton-style Assault Weapons Ban

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: llewellinsetter

Quote by: BrownItsDown

Quote by: llewellinsetter

Quote by: BrownItsDown

Terrorism is terrorism, no matter who carries it out, or why.
    Here’s the article that I pulled my info from: https://www.westernjournal.com/israel-2-school-attacks-44-years-heres-make-sure-kids-safe/
    Here’s another article that discusses how Israel has loosened up it’s restrictions on firearms to confront terrorism: https://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/21714

When the knife intifada erupted in September 2015, the Israeli government’s response was to ease the process for the civilian populace to obtain weapons. After a particularly bloody Jerusalem shooting attack that killed four, then-Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan drastically changed the gun laws in order to significantly raise the number of armed civilians on the streets. Instantly, graduates of Special Forces units and IDF officers with the rank of Lieutenant and above were permitted to purchase guns at their will, security guards were allowed to bring their guns home after work, and the minimum age for a license was reduced from 21 to 18.

Great picture! Are you certain this is a pic of children walking to/from school, past their school’s armed guards? You know, a ‘typical’ Israeli school day… Or, does it just fit your agenda? If it is a pic of what you propose it is, then yeah, it’s a tough pill to swallow, thinking this could be a typical scene on American soil. BUT, I guarantee these kids are well protected, whereas ours are not.

Your articles cite no sources and are just that, articles.
    The information I posted is readily available as it’s based on truth and legally binding governmental policy, not that you care about truth and honesty. I’m sorry you don’t believe in actual facts as living in your own dystopia must be very frightening.

And here we go again… Proclaiming the intellectual high ground by claiming my and everyone else’s information is false, and only your information is factual. Then lobbing more personal insults. I’ll use your line,

Can you just go away already?

🙄 🙄 🙄 BTW, is this Joel?

Here we go never having concern for facts. Basing your “information” on an article serves as no truth, basing it on the legal process from Israel is. This has nothing to do with intellectual high ground but it does have to do with not spreading non-truths.
    And no, this isn’t Joel Byford, but actually I do know him, and have for over 15 years, I’ll be sure to let him know you are blasting his personal information all over the internet. I’m guessing the moderators will appreciate this too as aside from you being an actual jerk for doing so, it clearly violates RULE 9.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t break Rule #9 BTW, and everything I’ve recently posted about Israel is accurate. Feel free to perform your own research. Oh, and I believe you have just broken Rule #3. 😆 😆 😆

Participant

Here is the link to the proposed bill for those who want to give it a read.

https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/images/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2018.pdf

Participant

Quote by: Jefro

Quote by: jereseib

I’ve got news for you 2nd amendment, assault rifle toting nutjobs that suck at hunting so you need 100 round magazines. People are done with kids being slaughtered while everyone sits back with more “thoughts and prayers”. As a responsible gun owner myself I find it sickening that some of you on this site put the rights of weapons of mass murder above those of kids.

Sweeping change is coming in this country, we finally have a president that is sick of tired of status quo and actually has the balls to stand up to the NRA. Kind of ironic since alot of you have a direct hand in getting him elected, now you guys are scared to death of him.

You guys want to play solider with AR-15’s and AK-47’s go join the army, if not then keep you mouth shut when someone proposes a weapon that can shoot 500 people in 3 minutes is being looked at. I’ll keep my .22 for target practice and my Glock 9 for home defense, the rest of you get ready for some changes for once. I’m out on this subject, cant wait to see the meltdown that ensues after this post, but you asked for it by calling out the “Sympathizers” and “weak kneed Rinos”, whatever the hell that means.

Your “Glock 9” is banned in that legislation tough guy

Ha, I was gonna say this but he wasn’t worth my breath. I do the Barney Fife method, cary the gun and have one bullet in my pocket. Best practice.

Participant

Quote by: CRIA1576

That is just one of the problems. Using this logic, and to your point, a 10/22 is more dangerous than a Remington 7400 or Browning BAR semi-auto chambered in .270 or .30-06 simply because it holds 5 additional rounds or more? Lunacy…

Besides, there are a whole lot more .22’s out there. including a bunch of Marlin 60s sold with 15 round tube magazines and sold under a variety of brand names

Participant

Quote by: Popwood

That is just one of the problems. Using this logic, and to your point, a 10/22 is more dangerous than a Remington 7400 or Browning BAR semi-auto chambered in .270 or .30-06 simply because it holds 5 additional rounds or more? Lunacy…

Besides, there are a whole lot more .22’s out there. including a bunch of Marlin 60s sold with 15 round tube magazines and sold under a variety of brand names

Read the verbage. Marlin 60 is safe because it is a .22 caliber rim fire using a fixed tube that requires disassembly of the firearm to change. You are not allowed to possess a quick loader to reload the Marlin. The 10/22 would be illegal because of the removable magazine.

Ruger has sold more than 5 Million 10/22 rifles, good luck making them “illegal”.

Participant

Quote by: IowaSportsmanGuy

Quote by: Popwood

Read the verbage. Marlin 60 is safe because it is a .22 caliber rim fire using a fixed tube that requires disassembly of the firearm to change. You are not allowed to possess a quick loader to reload the Marlin. The 10/22 would be illegal because of the removable magazine.

My Browning BLR22 also falls into the category the left is considering a safe weapon.

drifty4drifty4
    Participant

Google this.

illinois gun confiscation bill

See what you get.

Genesis 27:3
    Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.