Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation Anti-gun Democrats Introduce Clinton-style Assault Weapons Ban

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Participant

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/28394-anti-gun-democrats-introduce-clinton-style-assault-weapons-ban

Cicillines bill prohibits the sale, transfer, production and importation of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Also to be banned would be semi-automatic shotguns, and magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. His bill lists 205 specific firearms that would be prohibited, including the AK-47 and the AR-15.

The unlamented Clinton-era assault weapons ban ended in 2004 despite efforts of Democrats to resurrect it. The primary argument used against its resurrection was simply that it didn’t work: There are no substantive, credible studies that show that gun violence was in any way reduced after passage of the law in 1994.

For example, as Wikipedia points out, in 2003, the Task Force on Community Preventive Services, an independent, non-federal task force, examined an assortment of firearms laws, including the AWB [Assault Weapons Ban], and found “insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws reviewed for preventing violence. A 2004 critical review of firearms research by a National Research Council committee said that an academic study of the assault weapon ban “did not reveal any clear impacts on gun violence outcomes.” The committee noted that the study’s authors said the guns were used criminally with relative rarity before the ban and that its maximum potential effect on gun violence outcomes would be very small.

Other studies arrived at the same conclusion, and the proposed resurrection of the Clinton-era ban failed. On April 17, 2013, its restoration failed on a Senate vote of 40 to 60.

The sympathizers and weak-kneed Rino’s on this site better take notice. I would venture to guess many folks on here that “think” they support an AW ban may own a semi-auto included in the 205 arms listed. For example:

Ruger 10/22
    Marlin 60
    Remington 1100, 11-87
    Mossberg 935
    Benelli SBE, SBEII, Super 90
    Browning A5
    Winchester SuperX series
    Etc…

Participant

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/text

So my prairie dog rifle would be assault weapon but my moose gun is just a regular rifle. This bill title is very deceptive.

Participant

That is just one of the problems. Using this logic, and to your point, a 10/22 is more dangerous than a Remington 7400 or Browning BAR semi-auto chambered in .270 or .30-06 simply because it holds 5 additional rounds or more? Lunacy…

drifty4drifty4
    Participant

Quote by: IowaSportsmanGuy

So my prairie dog rifle would be assault weapon but my moose gun is just a regular rifle. This bill title is very deceptive.

When it comes to anti-gun lawmakers, deception is the name of the game.

If you don’t think they will come for all of them if they get the chance, you better think twice.

Genesis 27:3
    Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Participant

Quote by: drifty4

Quote by: IowaSportsmanGuy

When it comes to anti-gun lawmakers, deception is the name of the game.

If you don’t think they will come for all of them if they get the chance, you better think twice.

Yep. That’s their mentality. If they had their way, they would eliminate all personal gun ownership. They might consider making exceptions for maybe muzzle loaders and possibly 1 or 2 ‘useful’ hunting shotguns or rifles, but nothing semi-automatic, and nothing that has the capability of receiving high capacity ammunition. We must fight every single piece of gun control legislation that is proposed. You don’t eat an elephant all at once, but it can be done one bite at a time. The Anti-2nd Amendment movement knows this.

Participant

They are looking at the AR style as low hanging fruit. After all it has been demonized for years as that evil weapon. Misinformation about it is every where. And all the reasons that they should banned can and will be used on every other gun. This bill is just a wish list, a first step towards the goal.This issue of gun control is being used to motivate their base and get butts in the booth in November. If you think this push is hard now wait and see what happens if they gain some seats and momentum. The only way to counter it is in the voting booth.

Participant

Lmao!!! Ive had a great time reading the meltdown threads this week. Now Trump is showing up on my doorstep with tanks to demand I turnover my Marlin .22 semi-automatic. Keep the jokes coming guys!!

Participant

FWIW, bills like this are introduced about every year at state and national level. A lot of this is pure politics. They want to go to the voters beating their chests that they have a plan to end gun violence., but’ the right wing wackos and NRA are blocking it’. Translated, ‘ send me money so I can get elected/reelected.’ It also allows them to always have something they can to trot out incase of a unfortunate incident. Libs are crafty and devious people. 😈

Participant

I’ve got news for you 2nd amendment, assault rifle toting nutjobs that suck at hunting so you need 100 round magazines. People are done with kids being slaughtered while everyone sits back with more “thoughts and prayers”. As a responsible gun owner myself I find it sickening that some of you on this site put the rights of weapons of mass murder above those of kids.

Sweeping change is coming in this country, we finally have a president that is sick of tired of status quo and actually has the balls to stand up to the NRA. Kind of ironic since alot of you have a direct hand in getting him elected, now you guys are scared to death of him.

You guys want to play solider with AR-15’s and AK-47’s go join the army, if not then keep you mouth shut when someone proposes a weapon that can shoot 500 people in 3 minutes is being looked at. I’ll keep my .22 for target practice and my Glock 9 for home defense, the rest of you get ready for some changes for once. I’m out on this subject, cant wait to see the meltdown that ensues after this post, but you asked for it by calling out the “Sympathizers” and “weak kneed Rinos”, whatever the hell that means.

Participant

Nice try dude. 🙄 😆

Participant

Quote by: jereseib

I’ve got news for you 2nd amendment, assault rifle toting nutjobs that suck at hunting so you need 100 round magazines. People are done with kids being slaughtered while everyone sits back with more “thoughts and prayers”. As a responsible gun owner myself I find it sickening that some of you on this site put the rights of weapons of mass murder above those of kids.

Sweeping change is coming in this country, we finally have a president that is sick of tired of status quo and actually has the balls to stand up to the NRA. Kind of ironic since alot of you have a direct hand in getting him elected, now you guys are scared to death of him.

You guys want to play solider with AR-15’s and AK-47’s go join the army, if not then keep you mouth shut when someone proposes a weapon that can shoot 500 people in 3 minutes is being looked at. I’ll keep my .22 for target practice and my Glock 9 for home defense, the rest of you get ready for some changes for once. I’m out on this subject, cant wait to see the meltdown that ensues after this post, but you asked for it by calling out the “Sympathizers” and “weak kneed Rinos”, whatever the hell that means.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

smokepolesmokepole
    Participant

Actually the only one that comes on here and has a meltdown is you. “500 people in 3 minutes” “100 round magazines” One thing is for sure you never fail to give me good hard laugh.

Participant

Quote by: kenhump

FWIW, bills like this are introduced about every year at state and national level. A lot of this is pure politics. They want to go to the voters beating their chests that they have a plan to end gun violence., but’ the right wing wackos and NRA are blocking it’. Translated, ‘ send me money so I can get elected/reelected.’ It also allows them to always have something they can to trot out incase of a unfortunate incident. Libs are crafty and devious people. 😈

Agreed. I haven’t followed the legislation close enough in the past for comparison. Do they normally get this kind of sponsorship in a weeks time? 174 to date. Thats basically 80% of what they need to pass the bill. Florida’s down vote last week is reassuring.

Participant

The only nutjob I see in this conversation is a troll named jerseib. You and the rest of you that fear the ar and the gun owners that have them will be back tracking just like Delta. You guys lost the election and just won’t admit it. When you and liberal friends realize just how strong and determined we are, maybe than you will shout your mouth. When you use the tragedy that our government and your liberal sheriff allowed to happen to push your agenda under the disguise of saving lives, it shows just how low you will go. A shotgun can and will shoot and kill just a many more efficient and just as deadly as the ar. You know absolutely nothing about guns. WHy don’t you back to playing your video games and watching your Kardasheins. Why don’t you go to some website where someone actually cares what yo have to say, NUTJOB.

Participant

Marlin must have lobbied because the bill specifically exempts a tube magazine that is fixed to the 22 caliber rimfire rifle from being Assault Weapon if it doesn’t have the other features.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.