Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Another lion sighting

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey EV, Are you doing okay after the tornadoes?

WapelloMarkWapelloMark
    Participant

There was a lion killed at Marengo a few years ago, really not very far from Downey

Participant

Hey EV, Are you doing okay after the tornadoes?

Doing well, Larry. Missed us. I await the next snow cover.

WhipWhip
    Participant

I went yesterday to help a friend move cows and put out salt here in WY. I ran into a former student who has become a professional houndsman. He hunts Lions year round in the summer for USF&W so they can collar and collect biological samples in various study areas. In the winter he guides lion hunters from Nevada to Montana. I decided to set up a hunt with him next year after I retire. He promised to call me next year this time to set it up. I better get in shape.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Whip Whip.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Whip Whip.

Whip

Participant

I went yesterday to help a friend move cows and put out salt here in WY. I ran into a former student who has become a professional houndsman. He hunts Lions year round in the summer for USF&W so they can collar and collect biological samples in various study areas. In the winter he guides lion hunters from Nevada to Montana. I decided to set up a hunt with him next year after I retire. He promised to call me next year this time to set it up. I better get in shape.

Radio tracking is quite interesting. Sometime back I read of a few lions that were tagged out West. What I found interesting was their total hunt areas of the males vs the females within the same territories as those males. As well as how often they made a kill & visited that kill. No doubt to me, Whip. The lion pop here in Iowa. Is continually increasing. Sooner or later I’ll have my chance. Due to numerous shallow snows, which did not last long. Last Winter was not ideal. The good part is, lion(s )are still in the areas I hunt.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.