Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

A non-hunting friend shared this video with me via Facebook, saying she thought of me when she saw the video. I forgave her ignorance, then informed her that the video that she’d just shared shows a sin against nature.

If you do ANYTHING with a deer tenderloin other than apply salt and pepper, sear it on a super hot flame, let it sit for 5 minutes, then slice thin and serve rare, I’m not sure we can be friends.

MyDogCarlMyDogCarl
    Participant
    Up
    Down

OK Mods, step up to the plate… that video has to violate site rules. This needs to be taken down immediately! 😥

Participant
    Up
    Down

Oh if I did that the dog would KILL me in my sleep. It is a spoken rule in my house that all deer loins go straight to the dog. I get the ground stuff.

😉

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have a half of one setting in the fridge along with some other cuts waiting to be made into jerky tonight for this weekend’s snack. They do make really good jerky sliced about a 1/4″ or so. :mrgreen:

Participant
    Up
    Down

Lighten up Francis…

You want poppers? Come on down and see what I have cooking…daily specials :mrgreen:

After watching the video I am going to say that was NOT a tenderloin, but a piece of back strap. And seriously, if they wanted to cover up the taste of the meat a little more they could have slathered it in BBQ sauce right at the end or dunked it in ketchup. I would treat a piece of coot or raccoon like that but not any cut of deer.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

Lighten up Francis…

You want poppers? Come on down and see what I have cooking…daily specials :mrgreen:

After watching the video I am going to say that was NOT a tenderloin, but a piece of back strap. And seriously, if they wanted to cover up the taste of the meat a little more they could have slathered it in BBQ sauce right at the end or dunked it in ketchup. I would treat a piece of coot or raccoon like that but not any cut of deer.

I have only a few hard and fast rules: Whiskey neat. Coffee black. Don’t fruit the beer. And you already know my stance on venison loin.

:mrgreen:

Migratory birds of any kind can be used for poppers. And, of course, any other nasty little creatures you might barter for from your friendly neighborhood trapper.

Deer? Never.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: iowavf

I have a half of one setting in the fridge along with some other cuts waiting to be made into jerky tonight for this weekend’s snack. They do make really good jerky sliced about a 1/4″ or so. :mrgreen:

You SOB…

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Heinrix_54

Lighten up Francis…

I have only a few hard and fast rules: Whiskey neat. Coffee black. Don’t fruit the beer. And you already know my stance on venison loin.

Migratory birds of any kind can be used for poppers. And, of course, any other nasty little creatures you might barter for from your friendly neighborhood trapper.

Deer? Never.

The bacon and Italian dressing that is the 1-2 punch of Busch league home game chefs.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Heinrix_54

Lighten up Francis…

I have only a few hard and fast rules: Whiskey neat. Coffee black………

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have 6 in the freezer so I commit a lot of sins with back straps.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have some Tender loin thawing currently to be stuffed into some smothered burritos…

Participant
    Up
    Down

*stands up from his folding chair* “Hi, my name is Matt, and I am a sinner”

Up
    Down

Love to wrap the Cut strip loins with bacon and cream cheese and grill them. They taste awesome. would do the poppers with the peppers.. Just saying Ii like the taste.. So if I say Ten Hail Marys would i be in the clear Hendrix? haha!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: drmac22

Love to wrap the Cut strip loins with bacon and cream cheese and grill them. They taste awesome. would do the poppers with the peppers.. Just saying Ii like the taste.. So if I say Ten Hail Marys would i be in the clear Hendrix? haha!

There is no penance that will absolve any of you from spending eternity in hell…

😈

Participant
    Up
    Down

Heinrix has just been watching a lot of meat eater while stroking his beard… :mrgreen:

Participant
    Up
    Down

Heinrix has just been watching a lot of meat eater while stroking his beard… :mrgreen:

Up
    Down

Quote by: iowavf

X2 on the jerky. They make fantastic chunks of jerky. No fat, almost like Jack Links. Sorry man, between bowhunting, wife early muzzleoading, shotgun season, and late muzzy we have a surplus of deer meat and you gotta get creative lol. We don’t buy any beef thru the year tho. My family absolutely loves deer.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Might be a sin but it’s in jalapeño popper form, so I’m sure he’ll understand!

Participant
    Up
    Down

I can’t think of anything mixed with cream cheese that is manly????

Participant
    Up
    Down

don’t know about sin here, but cut in medallions of half inch, some light olive oil coat, a sprinkling of Montreal Steak powder, a day in the fridge, then cooked much as described with sear one side, turn and stop when the blood breaks the sear is pretty darn hard to beat with any cut of any meat. doc

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.