Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Anyone try one of the new “air fryers”. Something about an infomercial that makes you not trust it. Besides being a old guy that can’t take statin drugs. Filling a fryer for frying one thing is a pain. Are they good, or a $160 “flying Lure”? Thanks

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have one and use it regularly.

Mozzarella sticks, corn dogs, tater tots, chicken strips and nuggets, French fries…. you name it and I have probably made it in the air fryer. I made fried chicken one time and it came out quite well.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I got one for Christmas. I do sweet tater fries, chicken, Fish, burgers all come out well. I don’t do pre package foods.

Works well for 1 or 2 people, I personally would never buy one…….Just another counter space hog…..

I can do the same stuff in oven……

barb

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Forget the air fryer, you just need a better oil fryer:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NQ7QFGM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1519314736&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=tfal+fryer&dpPl=1&dpID=41o42%2B0XURL&ref=plSrch

I have had the older model for 4 years now. You can fry about 10 times on one gallon of oil. A few buddies of mine also have this fryer and love it. The oil Is filtered after every use and stored below. Everything but the heating element is dishwasher safe.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Air Fryer’s are the BOMB! You can cook about anything in them and takes half the time. Lets say your making French fries…they will be done by the time your oven gets to 350 degrees to put the food in. No grease and virtually no mess to clean up. I actually just used mine last night!

Big thumbs up from me!

Participant
    Up
    Down

We have one and like it but we only payed around $90. Seams to work best with things sprayed with oil or prepackaged (processed that way).
    My home made breaded Morels stunk. needs oil.
    counter space hog.
    It is way faster than firing up the oven but does need to be baby sat to shake and turn ect.
    Fish, I still like the deep fryer or oven baked, foil wrapped the best.
    Did we need it no but does have a place.
    Ours is smaller that works good for 2 or 3 but larger I would do the oven or oil firer instead.
    O2 only.

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We got one for Christmas…..it’s still sitting upstairs in the box with the receipt. We are not big into “fried” foods in our house. This contraption honestly reminds me of the whole “pressure cooker” craze on infomercials a few years back……just one more item to be sold on the garage sale come spring!

Participant
    Up
    Down

I was looking to see what others thought on this and realized you may have been asking about the air Turkey fryer (for better terms) I don’t have one of them.

alan_50501alan_50501
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I brought my wife an air fryer she uses it alot….looking to get her an instant pot her we very soon as well

Fort dodge

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: CedarStorm1975

We got one for Christmas…..it’s still sitting upstairs in the box with the receipt. We are not big into “fried” foods in our house. This contraption honestly reminds me of the whole “pressure cooker” craze on infomercials a few years back……just one more item to be sold on the garage sale come spring!

Sounds about right. Hope no one gives me one, so I don’t have to try and sell it on a garage sale.

Participant
    Up
    Down

My wife bought one a few weeks ago and we are using it very often. Very surprised by how well it works. Made some deer chislik with it the other night and it turned out great.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks for the replies. Looks like experiences are all over the board. We have one on the way. If it sucks, city wide yard sale in June. May also look into the fryer Dano recommended. Do need to limit my deep fried though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.