Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Aging and Scoring Thoughts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just wondering what everyone’s opinion is on this buck as far as age and score. Thanks!

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

140″ 5 year old

Participant

Any side views? Tough to tell age with that pic. I would say 140 though.

Participant

My opinion — 3 1/2 years old and 120″.

Participant

No clue on age as that pic is dang near useless for aging. But I also put him in the 140 class. Maybe bigger maybe smaller. Hard to tell on a pic that close.

Participant

145″ 3.5 years old

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Quote by: bigbuckhunter88

No clue on age as that pic is dang near useless for aging. But I also put him in the 140 class. Maybe bigger maybe smaller. Hard to tell on a pic that close.

Big shoulders, big neck, roman nose, and the shadow lines show a sag in his back. Hard to be exact anyway, but he’s definitely mature.

Participant

I’m not good at guessing age. It does look to be an older deer with his body size. Scores 145

Participant

That deer is probably 4.5 maybe a year older. I can’t see him getting past 140″. I don’t think he has the mass or width, length is OK but not great. Shoot him, I would given the chance!

bigbuck31ptbigbuck31pt
    Participant

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

That deer is probably 4.5 maybe a year older. I can’t see him getting past 140″. I don’t think he has the mass or width, length is OK but not great. Shoot him, I would given the chance!

I agree, 130-135

"In The Wind He's Still Alive" RIP Scott Ferris

I would say around the 135 range. The close up probably makes him appear bigger than he is. But those G4s could throw you off…they look like they belong on a 150″ deer. I think width and mass are holding this one back. I would guess 3.5-4.5 year old.

Participant

If that’s a 140 class buck, I have seriously under scored my mounts. Unless I knew I had a bigger one roaming my hunting area, I wouldn’t hesitate harvesting him. He’s a mature buck for sure.

Participant

Getting the age close from that pic is hard but looking at the body I’d say 3.5 to 4 would catch him and as stated before I don’t see the mass or width to be much over 130″. Nice healthy looking buck though.

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

There’s only 50 inches in tine length. no more than 17″ wide, low mass, moderate beam length. 140″ may be high.

Participant

Here’s another buck, just wondering what your thoughts are on him. Imy thinking he’s older, but not as high scoring.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.