A few canines2019-03-01T16:07:55-05:00

Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting A few canines

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Participant
    Participant
    Participant
    Participant
    Participant

That bedded pair out near the 1/4 mile. Were fortunate, I’m not after coyote. B)

Participant
    SwampFootedKarpKillerSwampFootedKarpKiller
    Participant

Great photos!

I especially like the Red up against the fence.

Thanks for sharing.

Participant

All still living?

Participant

All still living?

Far as I know. I’m hunting for a lion, only. I’ve killed plenty of coyotes & fox. No big whoop to me. Yesterday I seen 6 coyotes in a mile section. 3 were very large. The others were joe average.

meow

Participant

However, that 1/4 mile pair. Did make me reconsider.. I could’ve popped one or both from the field edge. Or snuck up on them. Very tempting I must say, lol. But I gave them a pass.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

I like them pictures and especially the close up red fox.  Anymore I give the little foxes a pass as they have enough hard time keeping out of the way of the coyotes.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

I like them pictures and especially the close up red fox. Anymore I give the little foxes a pass as they have enough hard time keeping out of the way of the coyotes.

It’s been roughly 30 yrs now since I tagged a Red, Mayor. Not many around & too easy of a mark for my liking.

meow

Participant

I can understand a pass for the foxes, but I am not understanding the pass on the coyotes . . . . I do like the pics, but I would have liked to see a follow up with them on the ground.  Maybe a video  . . . .  Just sayin’

Participant

I can understand a pass for the foxes, but I am not understanding the pass on the coyotes . . . . I do like the pics, but I would have liked to see a follow up with them on the ground. Maybe a video . . . . Just sayin’

My only focus is on a getting me a lion. When that day comes. I will get it on camera. As for the coyotes I have given them all a pass the last 7 yrs or so. Because of my focus. Back in my prime, I could’ve made some great long range shot videos.  My longest kills were 600 yrds & 1 @ 556 yrds. Ah the good ole days.  However if I run across a black, white or a coyote hybrid? Then it’s hammer time. I’ve seen if I recall, 8 blacks now, 1 pure yellow & 1 pure red coyote. I wanted them. But those hunts didn’t pan out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!