Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting 50, 000 TAGS

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I think there is some confusion. I did not use the same tag for several seasons. I bought doe tags specific to each season.

muskrat
    Participant
    Up
    Down

🙁 Troubles me when i see people asking others what ther regulations are & the answers they are getting. If you are a hunter pick up the regulation book & read it !!!!

Bfish
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: PaulB

I think there is some confusion. I did not use the same tag for several seasons. I bought doe tags specific to each season.

No matter what you were trying to say its still not valid…..If you were not using landowner tags, it is impossible to purchase 1st and 2nd season doe tags

DeadBird
    Participant
    Up
    Down

While I agree in the do your homework part….one of the reasons for this site is to ask those types of questions. Don’t let it irk you too much……

PaulB
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Well I was wrong. I thought you can have a doe for shot gun 1 and 2 and that is wrong.

As I recall the year I did 2nd shotgun I was also hunting 1st muzzle loader.

Sorry if I mislead anyone.

And before someone reams me a new one, none of you speed, right?

mhock
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: CombatCarl

As of 5 mins ago there were 49,984 unsold x-tra doe tags in the state. Thats pretty poor managment by the DNR That’s almost 40% of the number of deer harvested in the past couple years respectivly! If there was ever a time to question what’s going on its now…

If I had 40% of my inventory left over with basically one more good weekend of shoppers left I’d close my doors-

1-)What are you getting at here?
    2-) tags ba still be puchased until Jan 10th…even later in some counties.

iowavf
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: CombatCarl

As of 5 mins ago there were 49,984 unsold x-tra doe tags in the state. Thats pretty poor managment by the DNR That’s almost 40% of the number of deer harvested in the past couple years respectivly! If there was ever a time to question what’s going on its now…

If I had 40% of my inventory left over with basically one more good weekend of shoppers left I’d close my doors-

No, there will be some more gone for late ML, just haven’t bought mine yet and instead of buying 3 or 4, I’ll just get one at a time this year. When I use up one tag and decide maybe I’ll take another, then I’ll stop at the store and buy another before heading out. To me it almost sounds like you’re complaining because they still that many tags left and you’re wishing more people would buy more?

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

What I’m seeing of the quota numbers that are left in the counties that started out with the most tags is about normal. We still have the Late muzzle loader season and the Late antlerless season to go, besides all of the dep tags that landowners or tenants who are signed up with the IDNR in a deperadation program have in their possession to give out to hunters to hunt solely on their property. I know I have 20.

anderson_dc
    Participant
    Up
    Down

5 pages

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: anderson_dc

5 pages

5 pages of what? I only have one page.

anderson_dc
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: flyfishr

5 pages

This thread will go 5 pages.

nlar
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: flyfishr

5 pages

This thread will go 5 pages.

I say 7 😆

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ah, I see have 1 page with 30 posts on it.

RW
    Participant
    Up
    Down

5 pages at least. flyfishr you must have a lot of deer in your area do you shoot them with the gun in your pic?

nlar
    Participant
    Up
    Down

His gun? Hell, I’m worried about the still in his woods! 😆

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: RW

5 pages at least. flyfishr you must have a lot of deer in your area do you shoot them with the gun in your pic?

LOL! No, when I hunted the shotgun seasons I would use the muzzle loader. I use a Marlin 1895cb 45/70 during the jan season.

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: nlar

His gun? Hell, I’m worried about the still in his woods! 😆

LOL! I found this on the web a few yrs back and it resembles one of the locals that we go fishing with when we go down to Mountain Home Arkansas, trout fishing on the White River. He was busted at least 3 times for making Moonshine, in a dry county no less.

TysonT
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Could it be possible that since the economy is down and money is tighter for everyone, that some hunters have limited them selves to fewer tags and are staying closer to home because of higher gas prices too. Like buying 4 doe tags in their county, vs their normal 8 or 10 in a county 100 miles away? That could have a huge impact on tag sales numbers.

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.