Home Forums Hunting Firearms .380

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Participant

THE PK 380 SUCKS. SENT SEVERAL BACK DUE TO MALFUNCTIONS. THE PPK,PPKS ARE VERY RELIABLE GUNS BUT VERY HEAVY DUE TO ALL STEEL CONSRUCTION.

Participant

😆 Stitch, I agree with you. I have had several 380’s. The best being Walther, Bersa and Berreta.

Participant

For somebody thats getting in to the ccw market, the bersa 380 thunder is the best buy on the market. I have owned one and they are are as accurate and reliable as anything you will find at that price range.

Participant

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING THE TAURUS 380 RECONSIDER. I HAD ONE AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY,HOWEVER I WAS THE EXCEPTION. OF THE 10 PISTOLS WE TOOK IN, 8 WENT BACK TO THE FACTORY DUE TO FAILURE TO FEED.LIFETIME WARRANTY, BUT IF THE GUNS ALWAYS AT THE FACTORY, WHO CARES. BUY A RUGER,KEL TEC, SIG, OR KAHR, AND SAVE UR SELF THE GRIEF.

Participant

And you sir, should save yourself the caps lock……………. :mrgreen:

Participant

I’m going to be focusing on the smaller frame models for this one, the Kahr, Bersa and the Walther all are larger than the ones I’m targeting right now.

jgib551 – Thank you for your input, however this thread has managed to stay on topic without any “slamming” of one brand or another, I ask that you please refrain from that any further. I want positive feedback on the models or explicit drawback experiences you may have personally had.

Looks like I will have hands on the TCP and LCP early March…having a girls day at the range!!! YAY! Thanks goes out to one of my friends for providing the TCP for testing!

Participant

huntingirl…………not trying to promote a specific model, just saying i have shot them all. The triggers on the lcp and the taurus are obnoxious.Not to mention there are no real sights other than agroove cut into the top.My intention was never to promote one gun over another,just to shed some insight.Id rather u carry any of these guns than nothing at all.

Participant

I can’t speak for any of the others you’re talking about, but I do have the Bodyguard 380 and like it. Feels good in my hand, and was pretty accurate right out of the box. Just got a IWB holster from a guy from Omaha who does it on the side – he does good work and is pretty reasonable. The trigger pull is a little much on this gun, but that is to be expected on a gun this size.

Participant

Oh, and the sights are good on the BG plus the laser is pretty cool too. 😆

Participant

Quote by: jgib551

huntingirl…………not trying to promote a specific model, just saying i have shot them all. The triggers on the lcp and the taurus are obnoxious.Not to mention there are no real sights other than agroove cut into the top.My intention was never to promote one gun over another,just to shed some insight.Id rather u carry any of these guns than nothing at all.

Trust me I carry.

I’m not concerned about you promoting a specific model I was concerned with the topic going in a negative direction with statements like: THE PK 380 SUCKS.

Statements like that will derail a good conversation and reduce it to nothing more than mudslinging, THAT is what I do NOT want.

Participant

Quote by: jgib551

IVE WORKED AT A GUN STORE ON AND OFF FOR THE LAST 2O YRS. FULL TIME JOB WAS AN OFFICER FOR THE CRPD. RETIRED NOW BUT HAVE A HR218 PERMIT AS WELL AS AN IOWA NON PRO. CURRENTLY CARRYING A KAHR ARMS 380. BECAUSE OF THE LUXURY OF WORKING THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY, I WAS ABLE TO TEST NUMEROUS 380 LOADS THROUGH MY PISTOL. MY TEST MEDIUM WAS WET PHONE BOOKS, WISH I HAD SOME BALLISTIC GEL BUT NOT AVAILABLE.I TESTED APROX 15 DIFFERENT LOADS AND AT THE END FIGURED OUT UR 2.5″ PISTOL ISNT DOING WHAT IT SHOULD BE WITH THE LOADS UR PUTIN IN THAT GUN.THOSE AWSOME LOADS U PUT IN UR 9MM OR 40 [email protected] SIMPLY DONT EXPAND AT SHORT BARRELED 380 VELOCITIES. I TESTED WINCHESTER,CORBON,REMINGTON,FIOCCHI,HORNADY,AND FEDERAL. SAME THING, THE HOLLOW POINTS WOULD NOT EXPAND DUE TO THE LOW VELOCITY.HERE IS THE LOW DOWN ON THIS.BALL AMMO WILL PERFORM LIKE UR CLASSIC MFG HOLLOWPOINTS. U WANT A SMACK DOWN ILL GIVE U 3 LOADS THAT WILL GET THE JOB DONE ALTHOUGH THEY ALL HAVE DRAWBACKS DUE TO COST.#1 ON THE TEST IS THE MAGSAFE RND. THAT IS WHAT IM CARRYING IN MY GUN RIGHT NOW. LIGHT BULLET AT SUPER HIGH VELOCITY, IT IS PACKED WITH # 3 BIRDSHOT AND PENETRATES DEEPER THAN ANY OF THE ROUNDS IN MY TEST.DOES NOT MAKE SENSE BECAUSE OF THE WEIGHT OF THE BULLET BUT IT MUST BE DUE TO THE HYPER VELOCITY OF THE BULLET. AN ABSOLUTE HAND GRENADE IN A BODY, A SURGEONS NIGHTMARE.#2, glaser saftey slug blue.#6 shot at high velocity.They also make a silver but that is #12 shot,too light for heavy clothing use.#3 corbon powerball, fast round with a polymere expander that opens up the expansion. Have not tried the hornady ftx.

Welcome to the board, and thanks for your feedback…PLEASE DON”T YELL, IT”S NOT POLITE. :mrgreen:

Participant

here is the problem with the sw bgd pistol/revolver. if u draw that weapon under stress, try and find the laser button. as ur doing that u loose sight of the cardinal rule, front sight, press….press. awsome concept but try and make it happen. stich……………always love ur posts, mean that.thus no caps locks 😆

Participant

Quote by: huntingirl

Looks like I will have hands on the TCP and LCP early March…having a girls day at the range!!! YAY! Thanks goes out to one of my friends for providing the TCP for testing!

I am NOT one of the girls. lol

Participant

not yelling. just easier to caps lock than trying to put in cap letters. two finger typer, i suck

Participant

Quote by: LoneWolf130

Quote by: huntingirl

I am NOT one of the girls. lol

😛 who said we were going to let you do any shooting your just providing the equipment! You will be busy taking Calender pics from what I hear!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.