Home Forums Hunting Firearms .380

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have the Bersa Thunder 380 conceal carry model and that is a very nice pocket gun. I would put it up against any Ruger LCP. At $300, I don’t think you can beat it.

Participant

Go with the Ruger LCP. There are options to fix the recoil issue and the small grip issue.

get these add-ons:

This is a grip made by Hogue. Makes the grip wider and alot more comfortable. If you have the Crimson Trace, they have a specific model for those.

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=lcp

Pearce Grip extender:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/580461/pearce-grip-enhancer-magazine-base-pad-ruger-lcp-package-of-2

The following spring will help alot with the recoil of the gun which alot of people complain about on the LCP:

13 lb Wolff Recoil Spring Set:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/178779/wolff-recoil-spring-set-ruger-lcp-13-lb-extra-power

Spring and Grip Extender can be found at Midway USA. Hogue Grips can be found at Hogue’s online store.

Participant

Mmataya – good feedback on additional items.

Participant

Quote by: huntingirl

Makes is seem like a totaly different gun than the stock model. :mrgreen:

Participant

Quote by: mmataya

Did u purchase it knowing you would need to make these changes to it?

Participant

Quote by: mmataya

Did u purchase it knowing you would need to make these changes to it?

Nope. I bought it cause I got a good deal on it. Somone only had it for a few weeks and didn’t like it. I like it cause it’s easy to carry compared to my XD 40 sub-compact. I figure better to have one that is comfortable and always carry it otherwise, what’s the point if it’s going to sit at home in the gun cabinet. I will agree with others though, without the add-ons, it’s not a fun gun to shoot.

Participant

I have shot both the Ruger and S&W and they both shoot great found with my shooting style that the bodyguard was a tich more accurate for me, but my advise is shoot as many as you can. Too many times an impulse buy is the worst thing you can do (personal experience) but these forums are great to get a good idea on what options you have with all of them. Good luck and shoot straight!

Participant

Quote by: Rabbithunter

I have a Bodyguard also and would definately recommend it for all the reasons above. I also just like the way it looks! Nice and sleek!

[/QUOTE

X2- more accurate than I really expected and fits well in the hand and pocket. (good to see you at the Quad Cities Show RH )

Participant

I have the Bodyguard also and it is a nice weapon.

Participant

I carry an lcp a fair amount. Its a hard gun to shoot well but will do the job at close range and I have never seen a gun easier to carry. I am planning on getting an LC9 soon though.

Participant

My wife has the Bersa Thunder. I have carried many times and find that it is a very easy carry weapon. It is a bit heavier than other .380’s, but has worked flawlessly in the years we have owned it. It shoots accurately and fits in the hand well. I think it is a little harder to disassemble than other semi auto’s. I usually struggle on reassembly for a few minutes. For the money it is a great little pocket gun.

I didn’t like the LCP. It was too small for my hand, and as others have mentioned, the recoil was a bit much.

Participant

I just wanted to say Thank you all for your feedback!

I have narrowed it down to the Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP and the S&W Bodygaurd. I have access to the Ruger and Taurus and will be giving those a test drive soon.

Thanks again guys!

Participant

I just traded my Bersa Thunder for a Taurus TCP at the gun show Saturday. The Bersa was just a little too big to throw in the shorts pocket while kayaking. I have nothing negative to say about the Bersa and hope the TCP is as reliable and easy to shoot.

Participant

IVE WORKED AT A GUN STORE ON AND OFF FOR THE LAST 2O YRS. FULL TIME JOB WAS AN OFFICER FOR THE CRPD. RETIRED NOW BUT HAVE A HR218 PERMIT AS WELL AS AN IOWA NON PRO. CURRENTLY CARRYING A KAHR ARMS 380. BECAUSE OF THE LUXURY OF WORKING THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY, I WAS ABLE TO TEST NUMEROUS 380 LOADS THROUGH MY PISTOL. MY TEST MEDIUM WAS WET PHONE BOOKS, WISH I HAD SOME BALLISTIC GEL BUT NOT AVAILABLE.I TESTED APROX 15 DIFFERENT LOADS AND AT THE END FIGURED OUT UR 2.5″ PISTOL ISNT DOING WHAT IT SHOULD BE WITH THE LOADS UR PUTIN IN THAT GUN.THOSE AWSOME LOADS U PUT IN UR 9MM OR 40 [email protected] SIMPLY DONT EXPAND AT SHORT BARRELED 380 VELOCITIES. I TESTED WINCHESTER,CORBON,REMINGTON,FIOCCHI,HORNADY,AND FEDERAL. SAME THING, THE HOLLOW POINTS WOULD NOT EXPAND DUE TO THE LOW VELOCITY.HERE IS THE LOW DOWN ON THIS.BALL AMMO WILL PERFORM LIKE UR CLASSIC MFG HOLLOWPOINTS. U WANT A SMACK DOWN ILL GIVE U 3 LOADS THAT WILL GET THE JOB DONE ALTHOUGH THEY ALL HAVE DRAWBACKS DUE TO COST.#1 ON THE TEST IS THE MAGSAFE RND. THAT IS WHAT IM CARRYING IN MY GUN RIGHT NOW. LIGHT BULLET AT SUPER HIGH VELOCITY, IT IS PACKED WITH # 3 BIRDSHOT AND PENETRATES DEEPER THAN ANY OF THE ROUNDS IN MY TEST.DOES NOT MAKE SENSE BECAUSE OF THE WEIGHT OF THE BULLET BUT IT MUST BE DUE TO THE HYPER VELOCITY OF THE BULLET. AN ABSOLUTE HAND GRENADE IN A BODY, A SURGEONS NIGHTMARE.#2, glaser saftey slug blue.#6 shot at high velocity.They also make a silver but that is #12 shot,too light for heavy clothing use.#3 corbon powerball, fast round with a polymere expander that opens up the expansion. Have not tried the hornady ftx.

Participant

I did not read the whole thread, so if this has been said, forgive me. Were I to buy a .380, it would be a Walther PK380. Compact but still big wnough to feel good in your hand, light, and made by a known reliable manufacturer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.