Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum 34th Annual Mid-Iowa Bassmasters Fishermens Swap Meet this weekend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo8zmXqdeFw&feature=player_embedded

See ya there. Watch for further details and everyone add to this thread for those have never been there. A short hop on University Avenue to E.30th and south to Grand or Walnut entrance to the Iowa State Fairgrounds. It is in the 4-H building. For those going to the Deer Classic, University is only 2-3 blocks north and head east. C’mon out.

Participant

I’d rather hit this up then head to the Deer classic. I’m still looking for a reel for my new pole so I (we) may have to wander down there again this year. Made it the past 2 years and always a good time! Seem to always buy some new skirts…. (for spinnerbaits, duh 😆 )

Participant

I’m planning on stopping by… I’m a first timer.

Participant

Quote by: cyclones30

I’d rather hit this up then head to the Deer classic. I’m still looking for a reel for my new pole so I (we) may have to wander down there again this year. Made it the past 2 years and always a good time! Seem to always buy some new skirts…. (for spinnerbaits, duh 😆 )

Yea, if you are looking for something special, especially used, you need to get there at opening. And, the line at the door looks like the ones for early Christmas bargains. But, by 9:00am it’s usually just a steady crowd until late afternoon.

Participant

Good show I always seem to find a bargain 😀 . Good place to stock up on tube jigs and other plastics. If you’re coming from out of town you have to try the wings at Gerri’s across the street! Best in Des Moines!

Participant

I will be there! Best event in the area IMO

Participant

bump it

Participant

Hey Guys- if you don’t get the Iowa Sportsman’s Magazine you are missing out. Although maybe half the size of the national magazines it has more good reading of what you want to see than ANY of those rags that come from out of state. They have a Sports Show special on for $10 for a full year. They will be at the Deer Classic and I am going to give them table space at the Fisherman’s Swap meet in the Arrowhead Resort booth to give out their specials. I’m not sure of this but I think you will get a Sportsman’s cap also if you sign up. Don’t hold me to tha,t but in any case, it is one heckuva bargain. You won’t be disappointed. I would guarantee that. C’mon out before or after the Deer Classic. Gonna be a great weekend.

Keymaster

Will be there tommorrow. Sometime. Need another camo hat. :mrgreen:

Participant

Quote by: hacksaw

Hey Guys- if you don’t get the Iowa Sportsman’s Magazine you are missing out. Although maybe half the size of the national magazines it has more good reading of what you want to see than ANY of those rags that come from out of state. They have a Sports Show special on for $10 for a full year. They will be at the Deer Classic and I am going to give them table space at the Fisherman’s Swap meet in the Arrowhead Resort booth to give out their specials. I’m not sure of this but I think you will get a Sportsman’s cap also if you sign up. Don’t hold me to tha,t but in any case, it is one heckuva bargain. You won’t be disappointed. I would guarantee that. C’mon out before or after the Deer Classic. Gonna be a great weekend.

Sounds great! I left mine expire and really miss it! I can’t make it there but need to re subscribe.

Participant

I won’t have the caps as I’m sure they are busy setting up at the Classic. I tried to take the freeway back to the Fairgrounds about 6:30 tonight and the traffic was backed in both directions from the crowd for the Classic. But if they are giving them out at the Deer Classic I’d bet they would honor the deal if you sign up at the Swap Meet.

Looks like it will be a Great weekend.

Sidenote- Going out Army Post Road to Carlisle late yesterday afternoon. Four Bucks and three does wanting to cross. Full racks on the bucks. How late will shed be this year ?

Participant

Quote by: hacksaw

I won’t have the caps as I’m sure they are busy setting up at the Classic. I tried to take the freeway back to the Fairgrounds about 6:30 tonight and the traffic was backed in both directions from the crowd for the Classic. But if they are giving them out at the Deer Classic I’d bet they would honor the deal if you sign up at the Swap Meet.

Looks like it will be a Great weekend.

Sidenote- Going out Army Post Road to Carlisle late yesterday afternoon. Four Bucks and three does wanting to cross. Full racks on the bucks. How late will shed be this year ?

Probably not the Deer Classic. Have a feeling it might’ve been the George Strait/Martina McBride concert tonight at WF Arena. :mrgreen:

marie_bmarie_b
    Participant

Was good to see some familiar faces!

Of course I spent way more money than I had planned to. Can’t wait to try out my new pole.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati. (When all else fails, play dead.)

Participant

I was surprised I didn’t see any bowfishing information / gear at the show… Was there any bowfishing stuff @ the deer event this past weekend?

incredible event though, will definitely go back next year.

Participant

Went to swap meet in the morning and deer classic late afternoon/evening. Been hittin the swap meet for several years now, but have to say that crowd made it hard to see much. It’s a ritual for me to grab my fishing license there, so I got that and a couple crank baits but otherwise it was nearly a waste of time. Did get my free hat from my Iowa Sportsman subscription at deer classic! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.